Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 seats; I have been having a hard time trying to sell 1 (stock seat where the drivers side was modified). I am wondering now if maybe it's really a good idea to have an extra seat on hand. Would you please share your thoughts on this - Thanks.

John

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Why do you think you would need a 2nd seat? Do you want it in case the first seat is somehow damaged? I've had a lot of seats and never had one damaged so keeping an extra seat in case of damage might be a little to cautious.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have 2 seats for my xr one plain and one has studs I like to change the look of from time to time also change my saddle bags from hard to soft and fairing to windshield to give it a different look

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I have two seats: one heated Corbin on the bike and the original XCT heated seat up in the loft of my shed, doing nothing at all. I kept the original seat in case the Corbin didn’t heat well enough or in case I would’t like the Corbin. But I do like th Corbin, so the original XCT seat is just sitting up there in the loft, somewhere. I have no use for it. I could use a few bucks, ‘though, to help pay medical bills. Anyone want to make an offer on:

My XCT original seat?
My XCT original windshield (tall, with XCT brackets)?
A Cee Bailey’s 13-inch gray windshield with vent?

Anyway, in answer to the original question, I think we over-cautiously hang onto original parts for a while, then they all end up taking up space, without a purpose.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
2 seats aint obsessionable, a lot of us have 2 or more whole bikes!
If I had bought the flamed gunfighter seat I couldve last year then I woulda had a much cooler looking extra seat to swap onto my Vegas for short solo hauls....
just in case theres some female hitchiking or broken down or I get lucky somewhere.
sotra the barhopper principal for a bloke who dont drink...
in this day and age ya cant have too many spare bits for Vics..
I never pass up a bargain..

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If you plan on keeping your Vic for the long haul then I would say keep the extra seat. I wouldn't mind having an extra myself! When Polaris announced the end of Victory and then the big sale came I bought an extra windshield, passenger backrest and luggage rack. I knew if any of these things need to be replaced down the road then I may have a tough time finding them. I may never use them but I got them all 80% less than the original price so no big deal.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have two seats one with heat one without. I put on the heated spring and fall. The other goes on in summer it seems to have a little more padding then the heated so more comfortable. Both are factory seats.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have a Corbin Dual Tour that I love, I also have a Drag Specialties Low-Profile Touring seat that my wife love....Get where I'm going with this ;) When we go on long tours together I put the DS seat on because she is most comfortable on it. For me the DS is okay, but I much prefer the Corbin's position and support. My wife is starting to come around to the Corbin as it breaks-in....If she's becomes okay with the Corbin I'll probably put the DS up for sale....I won't need two and having the extra sure takes up lots of storage space...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have 2 also. The OEM XCT heated and a Drag Specialties with driver backrest. We use the DS on longer trips and summer mostly. Fall and winter time I put the heated seat on just in case. I have grown to like the OEM even though no backrest for driver. The DS seems a bit more narrow and the plums get bunched up more. So I have reverted to using and air cushion deal on long trips.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm considering running two seats myself keeping the heated for the cold months and going with a more comfy seat during summer riding.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone else had the stock seat (mines a HardBall) start to split the seam in the front centre, and the rear centre? There seems to be protruding edges of the seat pan in both of those places. Maybe a second seat is a great idea!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts