Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back to the barn here (so to say)...really nice little roll after a couple days on the honda (seals and battery rolls)

while burning a sitck out in the desert..(park) i came up with this..

there are three things i would change on the XC...
1. faring storage...anything at all...put the ipod in there...
2. sidestand kill
3. oil temp/pressure gauges (as opposed to battery volts)

and i gotta find a lay-down chrome l-plate holder like the one i put on the honda...but nothing so far..

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Side stand kill switch is one of those things I'm on the fence about.

I agree a little cubby would be nice in the fairing

Oil pressure and temp gauges pretty much only tell you that you already blew up your motor, or make you concentrate on something that you can't do anything about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I seem to remember in the 60's, there was a model of one of those hot Italian cars that didn't even have oil pressure and temp gauges. They just had two lights: a yellow one that meant "take it in" and a red one that meant "turn it off". The owners manual said the red one was NOT a warning light, . it meant ENGINE DAMAGE IS OCCURRING.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I like the oil pressure gauge idea instead of a idiot light. I also like the voltage gauge. Yes by the design of the fairing it would be rather hard to fit something on there and look right or not interfering. Just not enough room on the dash.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I like the oil pressure gauge idea instead of a idiot light. I also like the voltage gauge. Yes by the design of the fairing it would be rather hard to fit something on there and look right or not interfering. Just not enough room on the dash.
One way to pack more info into limited space is to have a digital display on which you can cycle different readings, like they did on the XR.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine would be to sale bars with enough pull back to allow you to use the back rest in the correct position rather than having to screw it in at a unnatural position. 2. bike should come with lowers. 3 after having a bike with a kill stand, I've taken off twice with it down, can't believe this bike doesn't have one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
just got back to the barn here (so to say)...really nice little roll after a couple days on the honda (seals and battery rolls)

while burning a sitck out in the desert..(park) i came up with this..

there are three things i would change on the XC...
1. faring storage...anything at all...put the ipod in there...
2. sidestand kill
3. oil temp/pressure gauges (as opposed to battery volts)

and i gotta find a lay-down chrome l-plate holder like the one i put on the honda...but nothing so far..
What is this l plate holder that you speak of?

·
12,983 Posts
License plate is what he is referring to. I tuck my stock license plat mount and cut it bent it and now its a lay down.
You can do it just remember like Dad said measure twice and cut once.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
License plate is what he is referring to. I tuck my stock license plat mount and cut it bent it and now its a lay down.
You can do it just remember like Dad said measure twice and cut once.
howdy

the plate i am talking about is a shp-chrome piece for my VTX...billet and costs a billet..but it looks great...lays back at about 25 or so degrees and matches the line just peachy...right now all i have is a (cheap) chrome frame and some ss acorns....looks a bit better than the stock but still vertical...

-johnny...so you cut your plate holder....on the vision?...any details would be appreciated...like i say, the vertical plate really breaks the lines...

and about mods...i forgot one, so the thread really should be four things...get the cable/wire service in the bars...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts