Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gunner with about 2000 miles on it if I'm sitting at a light and start to rev the motor if I rev it while the rpms start to come down it kind of stutters dealer says it's normal anybody else have this problem thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yup , had mine dynotuned by KMC runs great and super strong . BUT , if I blip the throttle , on occasion it pukes , and dies . This sucks in traffic situations . One of my riding buddies does exactly the same thing . Don't blip if possible to avoid a dangerous situation .

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Yeah dont blip.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Try disconnecting the O2 sensors. There's a connector a few inches from the sensor. Installing a Lloydz adjustable timing wheel works a lot of magic. Also, stop the "look at me" blipping.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a buddy who came over from the HD side of things and this is his one complaint about his new XC he tells me. I cant blip it at lights!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blipping is not necessary. I have more to say about it, but will keep it simple.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Blipping is not necessary.
Precisely ! I could never understand that mentality. Do you "blip" the gas pedal in your cage? NO ... then why do it on your motorcycle ... unless you're tryin to look "cool" and grab attention... or just show off (which is pretty much the same thing).

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
from what i understand the older carbd hds had to be blipped to keep them running at a light/stop. not that i do blip, but with pcv/auto tune, timing wheel, etc, i can blip all i want

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
from what i understand the older carbd hds had to be blipped to keep them running at a light/stop. not that i do blip, but with pcv/auto tune, timing wheel, etc, i can blip all i want
No they didn't.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Do I blip ?
I try not too ! I will start a campain against blipping Victories here, ha ha

Do i blip shifting down ?
I have to ! (right ?)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
No they didn't.

just going off what ive been told by guys that had to do it to keep theirs running at stops. sorry. i rode a honda before vic, so i didnt have any of these bad habits

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
just going off what ive been told by guys that had to do it to keep theirs running at stops. sorry. i rode a honda before vic, so i didnt have any of these bad habits
Thats true good point dtmmil.... I always rode 4 cylinder bikes also, so i never had to "blip" .....

At each trafic light's here there are minimum 50 moped's queuing, with whole families on the Moppet's, so blipping would just scare the **** out of people here .... RPW slash are just too noisy to blip :banghead:

·
Registered
784 Posts
LOL A lot of the carbed HD's had the idle screw turned out, some unknown to the owner/rider. Many just did it "because".

+whatever on Vic's not liking the "blip". KevinX explained it as the secondary butterflies in the throttle body or something to the effect, not syncing fast enough. Not an "issue" but certainly something to be avoided.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Me either rode my '79 shovelhead 19 years and never had to do anything at stop lights but sit there. thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
My XS650 had to be blipped to keep running as it was a cantankerous machine and the electric starter was useless so if it died at the lights it was hold up the traffic till I get it kickstarted and running again.
If I turned the idle up to where it would run it would then idle töo fast....so I blipped

I still match rev on downchanges on the Vegas but not into first gear.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My old wideglide needed to blipped to keep it running when the temps where colder or until it was really warmed up...
Did they not have a choke?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Precisely ! I could never understand that mentality. Do you "blip" the gas pedal in your cage? NO ... then why do it on your motorcycle ... unless you're tryin to look "cool" and grab attention... or just show off (which is pretty much the same thing).
I don't sit there and blip the bike, pipes aren't loud enough just blip it to start from a stop I'll rev it up a little back off then let out clutch and give it throttle that's when it stutters

1 - 20 of 42 Posts