Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing my stock intake on my 04 V92, was completly prepared to commence cleaning the TB and noticed when I opened the butterflys a significant amount of build up on both intakes below the TB's.

If this was my Ford, I would start it and begin shooting gumout right down the intake washing it through the system while running.

I am trying to be a better garage mech with my VIC and see if there is a better way to remove this build up without removing the TB's and getting in there to clean it with an appropiate cleaner and rag. Just want to ensure I am taking care of my pride and joy correctly.

As always, thanks for the input!

Tim

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I use a long screw driver with a clean cloth.Spray(soak) the cloth with cleaner then push a big wad past the throttle bodies. I use a long rag so I can hang on to one end and pull it back out. You can rig the throttle bodies open while doing this. The intake runners clean up pretty easy. Obviously you want to be real careful not to scratch the butterflies or throat of the throttle bodies. Just wrap the rag around the screw driver or what ever you use. Then pull out the screw driver.With the rag down in there, you can use a tooth brush and scrub around them in there too.That is the way I do it anyway. Then just pull your rag out. I use two rags.Get the bulk of it the first time. Then use a clean section of rag and do it again. They look like new when I'm done,and I don't end up with anything going into the cylinders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts