Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my TB off to give it a good cleaning and pulled the adapter off
to do a close inspection. The top gasket (between air box and TB) needs replacement. I went on Parts Pit Stop to look it up and place an
order. When i looked through the diagrams for the 8 model numbers they list i noticed some have a gasket between the TB and adapter and others don't. I did not have that particular gasket on my bike.
So my question is why do some have a gasket and others don't. also
the part numbers for the TB adapter is the same for both.

Look at the pics and you can see part 13 on one is for the gasket and the other 13 is for the fuel rail.

Any Idea's?

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delayed response. Mine is a 99, both these pics are 99
I'm really confused why the same year and model would have a different set up. Don't make sense to me.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I guess it's just the way the parts sites are layed out or something, I needed an engine part for my bike and couldn't find it, my dad found it under the same year but a different model bike with the same engine.

But if it were mine, I'd just go ahead and get the gasket for it. But, on the other hand, if it was running fine without it why put it on there. It's up to you really, but I personally would put it on there

·
Registered
120 Posts
On the 99's they used RTV for that seal. (perhaps for a few years after that too...just dont remember now) The RTV was notorious for "protruding" over time into the TB intake region. It negatively affected performance to some degree.

After market gasket maker(s) jumped aboard back then. They sold gaskets to install after removing the RTV. It helped performance.

Its hard to remember when, but I'm quite sure Polaris revised the design to add a gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts