Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an 02 V92C. I was getting a stumble and occasional stall at idle so I pulled the tank and filter to clean the TB. While I was inspecting things, I noticed the rubber adapter that attaches the TB to the head is starting to crack and one of the plugs on the TB test ports was almost falling off from being cracked.

Two questions:

1) The throttle body adapter (part number 1253335) calls for two of them being needed on all of the parts fiches. However, it looks like one solid piece. Do I actually need two (one for each head)?

2) Where can I get replacement TB test port plugs? Any good alternatives out there? I cant seem to find them on any parts fiches.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just looked it up on the parts site I use, you're right I showed 2 for 2002 model but for mine it only showed one, both years had same part number and same engine. So I'd just go with one.

By test ports, do you mean the 2 90 degree elbows on the right side of the throttle body? If so, you can get new vacuum caps at a parts store, I just connected the 2 ports with a piece of vacuum hose, it does the same thing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked it up on the parts site I use, you're right I showed 2 for 2002 model but for mine it only showed one, both years had same part number and same engine. So I'd just go with one.

By test ports, do you mean the 2 90 degree elbows on the right side of the throttle body? If so, you can get new vacuum caps at a parts store, I just connected the 2 ports with a piece of vacuum hose, it does the same thing
Thanks for the info. I assumed it was only one. Good news considering they are $100 for a piece of rubber tube. The vacuum hose is a good idea. I should have some laying around.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, only one TB adapter. They do crack with age. Watch them flex when the engine is running since the engine moves in its mounts and the throttle body is mounted solid to the air box and frame. No wonder they crack.

Cross connecting the test ports may "sorta" work, but the better solution is to cap them individually. Since the two cylinders pull air at different times during each revolution you will get air flow from one throat into the other. This will upset the air balance. The throttle bodies are calibrated to have identical air flow across the butterfly valves, especially at idle.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's a good point, I didn't think about that. I may go ahead an cap them off individually when I get a chance and see if anything changes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a good point. I picked up my solo caps tonight at advance auto (along with shocks for my truck). Just waiting for the adapter and o rings now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts