Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the tank off to do an installation when I noticed an electrical connector unplugged. It looks like it is part of one of the throttle cables.(right side by throttle bodies) The opposite connectors are neatly tie wrapped to the wiring harness on the frame so it is not something that someone just forgot to reconnect.For the life of me I have no idea what this would do?? Would it have anything to do with having cruise control that they have been disconnected?

·
Registered
272 Posts
On the XC there is a "switch" built into the throttle cable and two wires connected to it. It's what shuts off the cruise control when the throttle is pushed forward. This switch is often a problem on the XC when water gets in the connections and keeps the cc from being able to be set. I have had to disconnect mine. The only loss is the ability to cancel the cruise when you roll the throttle off.

I'm not sure if this same situation exists for the other models.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the XC there is a "switch" built into the throttle cable and two wires connected to it. It's what shuts off the cruise control when the throttle is pushed forward. This switch is often a problem on the XC when water gets in the connections and keeps the cc from being able to be set. I have had to disconnect mine. The only loss is the ability to cancel the cruise when you roll the throttle off.

I'm not sure if this same situation exists for the other models.
I'm sure by your explanation this is exactly what this is. The female part is built into the cable casing and the 2 female connectors are zip tied above. I just left it alone. I am not too concerned as I am not a fan of a cruise control on a bike. The unit just makes the oil filter hard to get at so I just buy the filters with the nut on the housing. Thanks for the response, it cured my curiosity.:wink

·
13,251 Posts
when you ask these kind of question add a photo please

1 - 4 of 4 Posts