Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this sticky with interest. What xactly doesn't do for you and when would you need to do this? Sorry. Am a newbie with Vics.

·
13,177 Posts
you have to tell us what year and model you have first

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
There isn't a throttle point reset on the newer bikes.
Per Kevinx, one of the best Vic wrenches around
"Does not apply to 08 and up bikes"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hmm interesting, I have a 2012 xct. It's cammed, pcv, and tuned by the doctor. Tonight she stalled out when I stopped at the end of my road and then stalled four more times before I could get in a position to investigate. Did the tps reset per the instructions in the sticky and she's idling smooth as silk. This is the second time in the last few months I've been forced to use that method now I'm thinking I'll just do it randomly maybe each time I change the oil and lube the clutch cable. I'll have to give Kevinx a call Monday and see if he has any idea why she's doing it, maybe a loose wire or something.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
It does not state in the sticky that it is only fot the earlier bikes, and if it works on PCV, would be nice to alter the sticky then ??

Key on, switch on, engine off

Slow 5 count rotate throttle from closed to wide open

Hold throttle wide open for slow 5 count

Let throttle SNAP shut/closed

Cycle kill switch (off then on)

Start bike, and enjoy the ride

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
It does not state in the sticky that it is only fot the earlier bikes, and if it works on PCV, would be nice to alter the sticky then ??

Key on, switch on, engine off

Slow 5 count rotate throttle from closed to wide open

Hold throttle wide open for slow 5 count

Let throttle SNAP shut/closed

Cycle kill switch (off then on)

Start bike, and enjoy the ride

This is what I tried tonight! It seems to have done something. Maybe it's my imagination. I have a 2015 XCT and it's been sucking down gas. I hope to run into KevinX down in Daytona where he's set up and I'll ask him this weekend. Now I'm confused and not sure what to do!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
In doing the old TPS reset on 08-up. You inadvertently do a IAC relearn type procedure. When IAC voltage out of range, bike will idle strange and even stall out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So this procedure for a 08 and up will affect the Idle Air Control?

If I have a high idle issue, could this be worth a try?

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
The bike seems to run great for me. No issues with response or anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
So this procedure for a 08 and up will affect the Idle Air Control?

If I have a high idle issue, could this be worth a try?
Typically for erratic idle.

Try looking for vacuum leak in your case.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
It seems to idle lower. I have been averaging 150 miles per tank and a buddy following me said I smelled of raw gas.

Kevin....I am going to try to come see you this weekend. All of this started after my first oil change at the dealership. The bike is a used 2015 Cross Country Tour with no known mods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts