848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stupid question.

What is : "throttle point reset" for?:confused:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok this subject is a sticky.... that means it is important.....

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
Ok this subject is a sticky.... that means it is important.....
It does not apply to 2008 and newer models, so you don't have to worry about it. A smarter ECM was introduced in 2008, and it eliminated the need for TPR.

·
Registered
396 Posts
thumb up:)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thank sfor that.

Now ho wdo I go about resetting the ICV fault that get set by disconnecting the battery?

·
13,177 Posts
Cool thank sfor that.

Now ho wdo I go about resetting the ICV fault that get set by disconnecting the battery?
your reading about older model bikes.
Read your owners manual and you'll learn about your bike and what if anything you will half to do to yours.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VJ, Thank for your input.

After reading the owners manual front to back several times I must have missed the section on how to clear fault codes. Most ECM powered machines you disconnect the battery for 10-30 seconds and all is good. last time I did that on the Victory it set a ICV fault code causing had starting and cut out.

Stickies in most forums unsually have some information on what they are about, thus my question here.

Victory is new to me, have ridded serveral 100's of thousands of miles on many a bike all with their own sets of issues. The XCT is no different.

At the risk of being rude, first place I check is the owners manual I have progressed past caveman status.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts