Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my throttle sticks. Actually it's been happening for about a year now...off and on.

I think I finally made some sense out of WHEN it's happening...still don't know where or what is causing the throttle to stick.

When I use the grip warmer...after a little while the throttle sticks. I can turn it off and after it cools down...my throttle is fine again.

Anyone else ever have this happen? How do you fix it (besides, NOT using the grip warmer). :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Is the end cap in too tight?
+1
Common. The chrome end cap was jammed up against the rubber throttle. Pull it out slightly. May need a small piece of wood to get between throttle body and chrome end cap. Mechanics don't pay attention to this when they set up bike for delivery. Happened to me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine was sticking when i bought it, because the cable came unraveled in the tube. Then it snapped.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys....I'll check the end cap tomorrow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Didn't happen with my factory bars but it did with my aftermarkets. Either the bar was just a hair shorter, or the end cap got driven in just a hair further when I re-used it. Regardless, backing it out even just 1/16th of an inch will more than take care of the problem.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would also strongly suggest checking your cables. It is probably the heated grips expanding onto the plastic cap (which also happened after I installed heated grips) but I would still check your cable. My throttle would also stick sometimes and when I took the grips off to put on my heated grips I found my return cable was all binded up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts