Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByMO Free1401725395.657630.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1401725409.660368.jpg
Did the thrush mod on the Vic today. Sounds much deeper & no more ear bleeds! Got my low & mid range torque back too! Thanks for all the tips & tricks! Without this forum I could not have done it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too am about to venture into replacing the internals of the noiseless can. Questions for all that have done this or know more about the dynamics of exhaust and noise.
I'm looking for loud but not quite straight pipe loud, so while cruising the summit racing site I came across a brand named jones. They have glass packs that are 12 inches in length and are not tapered on the end like thrush. Part number a3512b on summit racing. I guess my real question is placement of the glass pack, in the front of the muffler or in the back? At just 12 inches in length that leaves another 12 to 14 inches of 3.5 inch wide open space, if the open space is left up front would that be considered a resonator of sorts and reduce the higher frequency cackling or would it be better to leave the open space in the back to promote a deeper richer tone like the ricer cars get when they have that big 4 to 6 inch resonator sticking out the back.

My goal ultimately is to have a deep rumble at idle and a really deep tone going down the road like my Chevy with flowmasters has. I just want it to sound like a 106 should sound. Any advice, theory, or plain ol' BS is welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts