Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum, I have seen a video of thrush muffler conversions. To do this conversion, do you need a re-flash, or fuel pack?

·
13,247 Posts
No re flash or fuller.
If you get a lot of popping you can unhook the 02's or what I do is a mild speed shift. You get the mild speed shifting down you'll never have a pop

·
Registered
470 Posts
if you search cherry bomb home-mades questions, I posted fairly inclusive pics and instructions of my cherry bomb mod as I was doing them. I did mine a little different so I wouldn't have to beat or press in the mufflers. worked great. I ran it for a while before putting in a high flow cleaner and doing a re-flash. I got an up shift pop now and then but never a de-cel pop, but it ran fine. if you just do the muffler mod you won't need the flash.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I did the Thrush Glass Pack mod...I LOVE IT!!!! I too get an occasional upshift pop, usually from 1st - 2nd. It increased my low end torque a good bit and mileage a little bit, but most of all I got awesome sound at an even "awesomer" price. Just made a bracket for the back mount and welded it to the muffler so it is an actual "bolt on" application. Best of all...no re-flash or anything!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
new to the forum, I have seen a video of thrush muffler conversions. To do this conversion, do you need a re-flash, or fuel pack?
No but if your interested, Dtmml has a VFCIII for sale for 175... Just a thought since your getting ready to mod... Good luck on it and keep us posted!!!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Oldrocker if you're not interested in that for $175 I am. Just let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts