Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to do the thrush muffler conversion on my vision. does any one have the part numbers for the muffler and the tips?

·
13,003 Posts
measure the length of your mufflers and go to auto store and order them. They make all kinds of different lengths. You use a car tip for the end

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
search," cherry bomb home-made questions", it is discussed in detail, I went with the longest possible mufflers thinking it would be loud, its not. if I were to do it over I would go with the shortest ones.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Here is a previousthread: I welded a small bracket on the end of the thrush muffler instead of using the hanging straps. Worked great and I LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.victoryforums.com/archive/index.php/t-11696.html

" How's this:
Thrush Mod:

Need:
(2) #24205 Thrush Glass Pak Mufflers 2 ¼” in/out and 31” OAL
(6) 8 or 10mm Hex Bolts w/12 washers and Nyloc nuts
(1) Roll of Strapping Material
(12) 4” Pipe/Hose Clamps
(2) 1”sq tubing cut about 6” long and used as a spacer at the back bracket mount point.
(6) 2” Pipe Clamp Brackets
(2) 4” Resonator Tips 2 ¼” x 4” x 9”
Procedure:
Remove Lower Plastic Panels from both sides.
Remove Stock Exhaust pipes by loosening main clamp, and 6 mounting bolts (3 per side)
Once the stock exhaust is off you have to cut the straps that hold on the heat shields so you can reuse them with new pipe/hose clamps. I used 4", you will need 6 of them.
Mount the Thrush Mufflers using stock Header to Muffler Clamps.
Secure tail end of muffler with Pipe strap, or new muffler straps to the old locations. You will need new 8 or 10mm bolts as the originals are welded to the old pipes.
Once you have the pipes secured and clamped down tight, Install the Tips (whichever one's you decide to go with).
Install the stock heat shields over the new pipes using 6 Pipe Clamps (4")

That's pretty much it. Some of you that have done it might want to add steps I missed or a technique that you used that was different.

It took me about 4 hours. After your first ride, re-tighten the header to muffler clamp (while hot) to ensure there are no leaks. Make sure your tips are very tight, I actually safety wired mine to the frame so they wouldn't slide off with vibration over time."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts