Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifter noise. My bike does make the lifter noise on start up. I changed the oil a couple weeks ago. Ran with the same oil I have been using(Amsoil 10w-40 motorcycle oil). Glad to report the lifter noise in the morning stops much sooner or does not haven it now as often. So just like some cars/trucks I have owned the good OLD oil seems to help make the lifters a little noisier in my opinion. Now I know I have no real scientific proof just my old ears, and they are not that good ,ha,ha. Anyhow it did make a difference to me. Here are some other facts. Yes I did go a little over 5000 miles on that oil, maybe to 5200 miles, and yes it is a 2011 and it is suppose to be changed at 5000 miles. So next time I may just go 4000 miles. I may also see if I notice at what mileage on the oil that the lifter noise seems to get worse again, time will tell.wac Merrry to Christmas to all! On keep the oil alright! thumb up

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Merry Christmas!

Thanks to all. Once again I see I did not proof read my first comment before posting! Oh well it is Christmas. Hope everybody had a great day!cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
I find mine stops ticking WAY sooner if I take it OFF the sidestand and hold it centered while I start it.....just an observation I had with both my Vision and XC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts