Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2012 Cross Roads under the rear fender there is a bracket between the tire and Fender that looks like it supports the Bags.
It has two large holes in it.
Is that strong enough to use as a tie down spot for a tow strap to secure the rear to a trailer?
I know the Manual shows to tie it down on the swing arm, but if I strap it to the corner of the trailer it might put too much pressure on the exhaust.

Opinions?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have placed the strap under the exhaust and hooked into the slot in the swingarm with very good results.

·
13,002 Posts
On a 2012 Cross Roads under the rear fender there is a bracket between the tire and Fender that looks like it supports the Bags.
It has two large holes in it.
Is that strong enough to use as a tie down spot for a tow strap to secure the rear to a trailer?
I know the Manual shows to tie it down on the swing arm, but if I strap it to the corner of the trailer it might put too much pressure on the exhaust.

Opinions?
What you want is a firm place to put the hooks.
The only thing the rear tie downs do is keep it from hopping to one side and tipping. So you don't need much force just keep it from going side to side.
Never trailer a bike with the kick stand down. If you don't know for sure how to tie a bike down youtube has a bunch of how to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts