Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Hell if that's the original throttle body that is cheap for me I can well and fabricate I just need to know if I'm able to do that without limitations that'll **** the bike up
What are the performance advantages? Why would you want that thing hanging out the side?

You wanna fabricate? Get a single 54mm Harley throttle body and make a Y intake with the TB under the tank facing forward. It would also make the bike lope at idle... like this...

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
click on the link HC put up and look under further info it tells you what it fits 2000-2007 and 2008 up steel frame....funny way of saying it but.
There is a different version for 2008 and up... that's why it's written like that.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
OK... I can't help it...
When riding a motorcycle, fear is the enemy. He who has the ability to RIDE THE BIKE and stay calm will win the day. If you allow yourself to be startled or if you panic.... THAT'S WHEN YOU DIE. Concentrate on the job at hand and you won't have time to panic... you'll be busy riding well.

That's all I have, thanx.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
V-Strom= carves up the corners like crazy, acceleration is just OK
Rocket 3= ok cornering but brutal acceleration
Victory Cross Country= sits in the middle of the two above

None of the above scare me but my dumb ass has scared myself at my lack of restraint at times.
If riding scares you you'll over-react, not cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I made that whole intake for less that 25gbp. About 32usd.

It's out the side because it's a 1 off custom.
Look at frame top tube
Only way to get the intake in.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Scareddy Kats live to see nuther day....if you ain't scared...you be dead....just don't know it...
Ridiculous assertion. I've been doing this motorcycle thing since 1971 and I have never been scared doing it, whether motocrossing, roadracing, drag racing, or street riding. I ride a Victory with 134 HP to the tire. By your logic I should be dead... so how do you explain my typing this right now? Next.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well Sir, with all due respects I don't want to pull rank but I built up a Whizzer in '55 and after all the years and many MC's up to my current Vic Ham.

I must agree with your last post because an assertioin does not always follow a scientific rule, therefore mine is more of a notion..

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's a 106 motor. All 2" tubing.
The sleeve over the ally stubs on head was slightly larger tube. Slit with thin disk. Clamped and tig welded.
Made a proper snug slide fit.
Theres also a nitrile o ring in the groove on the inlet stubs.

Intake was made from 2" piecuts.

Will try post link to video of it running.
Currently sat in Newark airport on mobile

·
Registered
89 Posts

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
There is a different version for 2008 and up... that's why it's written like that.
Ahhh thanks for clarifying that.
My first Intake mod was the Ness Ram , big improvement that forced me to go PCV and Dyno, later when I had more bucks I went Torquetubes and sold the Ness Ram, had the bike redynoed to suit, that was only the beginning though!
And hey Im not Dead, or if I am someone forgot to tell me?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts