Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the stockies DUNLOP Elite II lasted about 12k. Not bad...but they are hard to find now :mad:

Thinking of going with the Michellin Commander II's. I've read some high marks but haven't found anyone that has put them on a Vic Cruiser.

Anyone done so?

·
12,984 Posts
gee dennis kirk and jp cycle care dunlop elite 11's

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I'm using Pirelli Night Dragons, nice n' sticky but don't last that long.
Excellent grip! can really crank it up through the corners and ride with confidence in the rain.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If he meant slim pickings for RWL- that's true. Jack Wilson.com has the OEM's

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using Pirelli Night Dragons, nice n' sticky but don't last that long.
Excellent grip! can really crank it up through the corners and ride with confidence in the rain.
Thanks for the input, I had the Pirelli Night Dragons on my old HD. Maybe it was the bike and rubber combo but I wasn't terribly impressed with the mileage. What are you getting out of yours?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Thanks for the input, I had the Pirelli Night Dragons on my old HD. Maybe it was the bike and rubber combo but I wasn't terribly impressed with the mileage. What are you getting out of yours?
Pirelli Night Dragons are all about grip not mileage,
if you want mileage stay with the OEM Dunlops.

last front I changed at 11,687 kms (7252 miles), it was still just legal almost to the T.W.I. I ride fairly hard though.

Current rear is looking good at 7,926 kms (4914 miles) actually its not that far off the T.W.I. So doubt it'd legally see 6000 mile.

It'd be fantastic to get superb grip wet and dry and phenomenal mileage as well, but the two don't go together.

OH AND ITS JAKE WILSON not Jack....I used to get tyres through them when the Aussie dollar was strong I could save around a $100 a pair landed at my door...not so now :-(

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah I checked it a week ago and they had both, so hopefully they restock. Kinda disappointing that few make the RWL's but one has to admit they are rarely used anymore. Either black or whitewalls these days. Mine are still looking strong @ 7k miles so here's to hopefully not having to mess with it for at least another season.. cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would go with the Pirelli's but I put about 12k miles on my bike a year and having change them out more than once is not a seller in my book.

I'm going with the Commander II's and a white sharpie :eek: One in stock at the local shop for a fair price, going to fit it as I wait. I'll report the initial ride in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You're probably not getting any feedback on the Commanders because Michelin doesn't make them to fit the Vic touring bikes, where that tire would be a popular application. I know...because I looked.

I looked, because they're available for and a VERY popular fitment for the Kawasaki Vulcan VN1700. They are very well-loved at the Vulcan forum and are generally regarded as superior to their Metzeler and Dunlop competition in ride quality and longevity. Hope that helps a little!

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
You're probably not getting any feedback on the Commanders because Michelin doesn't make them to fit the Vic touring bikes, where that tire would be a popular application. I know...because I looked.

I looked, because they're available for and a VERY popular fitment for the Kawasaki Vulcan VN1700. They are very well-loved at the Vulcan forum and are generally regarded as superior to their Metzeler and Dunlop competition in ride quality and longevity. Hope that helps a little!
hearing good stuff about these Commanders, so they make em in
180 55 18 and 90 90 21 ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, that took longer than expected lol. I was there for about 3 hrs...another story all together.

First impressions, mind you I'm about halfway to breaking it in. Feels more nimble and very responsive, much more than the stockers Elite II's. Need about another 75 miles to break in then I'll let her rip in the turns. Definitely like how this is starting!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts