1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
The right color of beer. At least there's two of us with discerning taste in beers.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Before my surgery, I was a huge fan of dark beers. The darker and thicker, the better. Post surgery, the carbonation kills it for me :(
At least I have fond memories. Good thing there is still 40-proof moonshine...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Before my surgery, I was a huge fan of dark beers. The darker and thicker, the better. Post surgery, the carbonation kills it for me :(
I'm with you, broggyr, I loved beer before my surgery, when they told me no more carbonation, it was almost a deal breaker. In the end I'm glad I did it, but I stick to mixed drinks now instead of beer. Today I'm 110 lbs lighter....

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Victory SK Stout ..was some serious beer, its got punch.
@RICZ ...I like to be able to hold my beer up to the light and not see through it :grin

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
You could become a wine corner sewer. :devil

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
You could become a wine corner sewer. :devil
If I couple wine corner sewing with my wife's quilt shop, they'd be wine quilt corner sewers! :eek

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
That's SEWER, as in the drains that are in street gutters. Connoisseur / Corner Sewer - get it?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I totally got it. You didn't get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just beer snob it. Let it get a little warm and flat!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I totally got it. You didn't get that.
Get what?!? :)
We have Canadian friends coming in for the weekend and they love Murphy's Irish Stout, even prefer it to Guinness and so do we. Not finding it in our stores for some reason. I emailed the US distributor in CT and I'll learn tomorrow if they know where to find it. Ah, the life of a beer snob.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Murphy's is good. My absolute favorite is a local brewery (Black Hog, Oxford, CT) that makes a Coffee Nitro Stout. This stuff is darker (and almost as thick as) used motor oil. You just kinda want to chew it. Very flavorful, full-bodied, very smooth.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Murphy's is good. My absolute favorite is a local brewery (Black Hog, Oxford, CT) that makes a Coffee Nitro Stout. This stuff is darker (and almost as thick as) used motor oil. You just kinda want to chew it. Very flavorful, full-bodied, very smooth.

Can you mail me some of that? I'll pay shipping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Wonder how I would do that. Never shipped beer before.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I just happen to have a pic of Coffee Nitro Stout form the last time I was at Black Hog......Just can't find my phone atm :(
But I believe I texted that pic to you broggy.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts