Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone here is interested...

*** Victory Cross Country Tour ***

After over 50 years of owning/riding I've decided to take a break from riding and get a 5th wheel camper and spend more time taking life easy instead of riding for hours on end. The ad states "health reasons" but it's nothing serious. Getting some arthritis in my right hand and riding for more than 5 or 6 hours is just taking too much out of me. The "fun factor" of riding just isn't what it used to be. It's time to go park my butt in a campground or somewhere and do some fishin.

(Never thought I'd see the day this would happen)

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Whoa man! Good luck on the sale!

Reactions: SilvrT

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Isn't this the situation they make trikes for....? :|
Good luck with the sale and I hope its the right decision.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't this the situation they make trikes for....? :|
Good luck with the sale and I hope its the right decision.
Heh .... with a trike I'd still be twisting the throttle and wearing myself out riding....

As mentioned... "taking a break" ... not totally giving up riding forever. Plan is to get something smaller / different ... just for short rides.

Ya, it's the right decision :wink

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hell I have arthritis n both hands... Two artificial knees , you name it. but I understand where you are coming from. Enjoy the 5th wheeler brother!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell I have arthritis n both hands... Two artificial knees , you name it. but I understand where you are coming from. Enjoy the 5th wheeler brother!
Well, I feel for ya but frankly, I guess I'm just getting tired of riding all the time and not doing some of the other things I enjoy. Can't really afford to do all of them so need to sell the bike so I can afford the other stuff ... I could prolly live with the pain or take meds and keep riding, but that doesn't get me to where I want to be.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
3 or 4 wheel options

if you dont want a 3 wheeler a convertible is close! i love my 2001 TT, first ever drop top, i could see myself in a jeep as well with the open air option. enjoy whatever you do, just do it!!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you dont want a 3 wheeler a convertible is close! i love my 2001 TT, first ever drop top, i could see myself in a jeep as well with the open air option. enjoy whatever you do, just do it!!!
I used to hunt and fish a lot when I was much younger. Haven't done that for a long, long time. What I enjoyed the most was getting out into the country, camping and exploring the back roads, etc .... need to get back to some of that. Ya, I could see myself in an open Jeep too! But I'll settle for my current truck and a 5th wheel camper, couple fishing kayaks, and a good bottle of Rum! LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have fun with the camper. I Know what you mean about not having the time for all the things you want to do. Just enjoy yourself no matter what you are doing.:grin

·
Premium Member
13,730 Posts
A man has to do what a man has to do. Time has a way of catching up with all of us unfortunately. I'm about 6 years behind you on years of riding. I figure when my time comes to hang it up; I'm going to have a second mid/late life crisis and get another Vette or maybe late model Camaro with a Vette engine. :D

Someone will end up with a nice XCT.

Best of luck on a quick sale.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I too have some health issues and this year the heat is really getting to me. I am looking around for an alternative to 2 wheels but not making the jump until after the Fall. Maybe it's just the heat that's got me down right now. Anyway, I am envious of you for the 5th wheel. i want a camper so bad but my financier says "no". Her idea of camping is a Hampton Inn, if and when we travel. And she won't ride !! Traveling is still in my future starting in 43 days. Good luck and maybe we'll see you on the road !!!

·
13,263 Posts
say what about doing a foot gas pedal

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
say what about doing a foot gas pedal
That would only solve part of the problem. I still get quite fatigued after 4 or 5 hrs riding and frankly, I really want to spend more time doing other things ... like relaxin at a campground, fishin, exploring, etc instead of driving, driving, driving all the time. Being addicted to riding a motorcycle involves a lot of driving and I'm just getting tired of it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho :wink

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
After all those years riding your going to find yourself leaning into corners when your towing your 5th wheel. Watch and see.

wac

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After all those years riding your going to find yourself leaning into corners when your towing your 5th wheel. Watch and see.

wac
Who leans in corners? I just counter steer ... the bike leans. :wink

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's funny... I find myself leaning in vehicles all the time!
I always wave to other bikes in my truck and then remember I'm not riding.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I always wave to other bikes in my truck and then remember I'm not riding.
Heheh, I also catch myself preparing to wave when I'm in the car. Then I catch myself, smile, and think, "Dumbass, you're in a car".

G'day,

Vinish

1 - 20 of 25 Posts