Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can run the engine without it can't I? My understanding is it keeps the hydraulic pressure from bleeding off so the valve train noise isn't as noisy upon start up. I want to do a couple heat cycles on my 117 build, but haven't picked up the new plunger....

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for the record, the plunger is important...apparently they put it there for a reason. chain jumped the sprocket. Intake valves kissed the piston. Broke the cam carrier and bent the intake rocker shaft...just had to hear it run on my bday....LOL

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
for the record, the plunger is important...apparently they put it there for a reason. chain jumped the sprocket. Intake valves kissed the piston. Broke the cam carrier and bent the intake rocker shaft...just had to hear it run on my bday....LOL
Ouch! Sounds expensive. Did you pull the plugs and turn the bike over by hand before starting it?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. But Its a different ball game under compression and only one cylinder firing...i think i may be fortunate enough to get by with only replacing the cam carrier. The valves are "holding" water. Will put it back together and do leak down test to know for sure....

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
So sorry to read this .... ... Are the pistons damaged ? You can buy a cheap camera that fits inside your spark plug hole ....

Keep on posting so someone have some good ideas maybe ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good, rookie move. The piston has two very small "dents", but i don't think its hurt. I'll year it down a little further but the carrier absorbed the impact which saved the test of it...

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr sad face's eyebrows are the marks on the piston.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
What were you thinking, run it without a timing chain, ha ha ha.

Anyway AWSOME 117" did the cylinders had to be resleeved or new jugs ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't run it with out the chain. I ran it without the rubber plunger that is only on the front cylinder cam adjuster.

They were re-sleeved.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I didn't run it with out the chain. I ran it without the rubber plunger that is only on the front cylinder cam adjuster.

They were re-sleeved.
Ah i read now the chain jumped a few teeth ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Not a very nice birthday present...

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
How is the repair going on this beast of a vic ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a replacement carrier machined, but it was not done satisfactory. So i bought another one and it should be done when i get back from FL next week....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts