Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

degree on the timing wheel

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it could be interesting for everybody to share the degrees you added/removed for those who have an adjustable timing wheel installed.

I see a lot of posts where some of you post their settings but it could be very helpful to have this centralized in one thread.

Can you also add your current setup? Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
really depends on the specific bike.....
.....that said...they start preset at +4 from Lloydz.

Peter

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
.wac.......

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
really depends on the specific bike.....
.....that said...they start preset at +4 from Lloydz.

Peter
Plus 4 on my Vegas as recommended,
Oh they may be preset at 4 but make sure ya tighten the bolts as theyre only nipped up lightly at assembly.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
+4 as shipped to me bike runs great. Never really tried any other settings but not getting any pinging and still running some advance in my PCV at higher RPMS. Definitely recommend Loctite on all the bolts when installing. If something comes loose inside the motor you'll be very sorry.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't any of you guys check the top dead center to make sure you use the correct degree without harming the engine?
It could be very bad if the degrees added with the timing wheel are not done properly

·
Registered
471 Posts
Started at plus 2, bike ran like crap, jumped to +4, bike runs great. Might try and bump up a little more

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Didn't any of you guys check the top dead center to make sure you use the correct degree without harming the engine?
It could be very bad if the degrees added with the timing wheel are not done properly
its installed on a keyway so no need to check TDC.
It can only go on in one orientation.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+4
south Mississippi

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mine's at +4 cuz that's where Kevin X set it and said there's not much to gain by messing with it. Other than the soon to be added Tri-Ovals my bike is the same set-up that he has on his personal ride.

·
13,177 Posts
from what I have read if you do +6 or+8 you'll have to run 91 octane when temps get above 95 degrees
At +4 you can run 89 octane except if riding in hill country then use 91 octane
Rylan sets all visions at +3 he says they run there best there

·
Registered
352 Posts
When my bike had one ....it was set at +6 ....

Peter

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I run 91 octane at all times.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'll bet a 6 pack of Victory Hop Wallopcheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
without cams i loved 8, found a ping so dropped to 6, now with cams im bouncing between 4-6 trying to find my spot

1 - 20 of 49 Posts