Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XC with WD no baffle muscle mufflers and for my next upgrade I was thinking of getting the LLoydz timing wheel. I know the advantages of installing one but I don't yet have the money for a fuel controller. Is it safe to run the timing wheel without having a fuel controller?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes, when you get a better air filter(lloydz) you will need a tuner

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
+1 on what dtmmil said. A timing wheel can be done at anytime with any equipment. Go for it, you will love what it does for performance. And you'll love what my laydown license bracket does for the looks of your bike. Yeah, I know--shameless self promotion. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear! Ricz I will be ordering one of those soon. Love the way they look.thumb up

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear! Ricz I will be ordering one of those soon. Love the way they look.thumb up
Thanks....operators are standing by.thumb up

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I was told that adding timing wheel with pipes only not a good idea as it could make the bike too lean?

i guess it depends on the pipes, most often timing and pipes your ok, timing pipes and air cleaner you need a tuner

·
Registered
203 Posts
It is my impression from a conversation with Rylan Vos that between timing, intake, & exhaust you can pick any one of the 3 without a fuel controller but any two or more would require a fuel controller to provide satisfactory results. Maybe I understood it wrong...wouldn't be the first time!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
a fuel controller on a stock bike would be a good idea

·
Registered
976 Posts
When you put in the timing wheel, disconnect the sensors. Fuel delivery after warm-up (too lean) won't be a problem. Unlike some, I didn't notice anything as far as power goes but the bike certainly runs smoother. I also have a tuner sitting here as well that will go on at the same time a more open intake goes on. Our currency value at the time has delayed that portion of the work.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
53canuck...I am satisfied with a Lloydz VFCIII. After some tweaking over time, my bike performs exceedingly well with almost no popping. Highway fuel mileage is 50+. I can't ask for better.
Every so often a forum member is selling a VFCIII due to going to a PCV and the prices are usually well under $200. Something to consider, eh.

·
13,188 Posts
sorry RICZ I think 50 plus miles a gallon is way to lean. All that I have read here 40 to 45 is what average
I suggest you ask Kevinx or Rylan

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
sorry RICZ I think 50 plus miles a gallon is way to lean. All that I have read here 40 to 45 is what average
I suggest you ask Kevinx or Rylan
I know, I thought so too, but every time I pull the plugs, they are mildly sooty. Go figger!:confused:
And to add to this dilemma, I use lower gears than other Vic riders I'm riding with and grab 4500+ RPM upshifts when hauling a$$ onto a freeway or....:D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Average high speed?

RICZ, but what's your top speed you travel at on average? If it is below 70-mph I could see you getting the great fuel mileage you seem to get. Around here the speed limit in Arizona is 75-mph outside of towns, but good ol Az seems like most people tend to push it above that. No I don't get great mileage above 75-mph. If I keep it steady and below 75-mph it goes way up around 50-mpg as you say. Also depends on the terrain of course, hills no hills, weather as we all know. I remember on my Triumph I got 57mgp once, did not go over 60-mph that tank of fuel to get that great mileage though.:D

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Way back, I said I get 50+ on highways, freeways are another story. On highways (two laners) I'm genarally going 55 to 65 and in 5th gear a lot and that's where I get the 50+. We are limited to 65mph on our freeways, so we travel at about 70ish. One of the disadvantages of living in a state controlled by libs. They don't want to drive their Prius fast, so no one gets to drive fast. :( At those speeds I get in the low 40s. Does that sound better to y'all?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ricz, sorry if I misconstrued my explanation. I have the VFCIII tuner, it's the Lloydz or S&S intake that's holding back the next step. If anyone is considering upgrading from one of those to a set of torque tubes I can certainly take it off your hands and ease the bite of the new breather.:D

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
No apology needed....I wasn't clear enough about where I got that kind of mileage.

·
13,188 Posts
are you using your phone to do the math or are believing the gauge that gives you a estimated mpg.

You should not be getting over 45mpg if your riding at 70mph or higher you should be getting high 30's.

With no tuner and the wheel at at +6 doing the math I was getting 51mpg and I wrote Rylan and he said I was running to lean. He said for a vision go to +3 and take out my top air filter.

Now riding staying under 65mph and in 5th gear running up hills and flat land I get 42mpg with no pining or knocking. I use 89 octane gas.

RICZ
Please write Rylan or Lloydz or Kevinx and ask them. Please

·
13,188 Posts
When you put in the timing wheel, disconnect the sensors. Fuel delivery after warm-up (too lean) won't be a problem. Unlike some, I didn't notice anything as far as power goes but the bike certainly runs smoother. I also have a tuner sitting here as well that will go on at the same time a more open intake goes on. Our currency value at the time has delayed that portion of the work.
If you don't understand he means 02 sensors

1 - 20 of 37 Posts