Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the torq specs for the loyds timeing wheel bolts.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i had found the paper that had came with the wheel tucked inside my insur,regis bag i keep in my saddle bag.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i adjusted the wheel to +5 and at high speeds it seemed to make a funny noise till i let off on throttle and noise quit. should i try +6 or go back to +4. advise needed.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i adjusted the wheel to +5 and at high speeds it seemed to make a funny noise till i let off on throttle and noise quit. should i try +6 or go back to +4. advise needed.
Back it off... 5 is too much for it.

Get the thought that 'more is better' out of your head...
I retarded the timing by 2 degrees and it picked up 4 HP.

If you're gonna play with the timing wheel put high-test gas in the tank.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had put 93 in instead of the 87 i reg put in. then at the next fill i put the 87 back in and tried the high speed and thats when it sounded dif. so you think i should stay with the +4 that is suggested or try to retard it a lil bit. i havnt tried to retard it yet.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Like they say, every engine is different. Mine is at +5 and all is well. Then there are those who got pinging at +4. Go figger!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
@PaiN has serious engine heat issues at anything over +2. Different, indeed!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
@PaiN has serious engine heat issues at anything over +2. Different, indeed!
Any advance at all and the engine makes too much heat... I run on the stock timing gear and me and the engine are very happy that way. My dyno guy tested adding advance once a few years ago and it didn't do a thing for the power curves or results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts