Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking, will a timing wheel bebfit an otherwise stock bike? Better mileage? Cooler? Low end?
Or, none of the above?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I have the stage 1 kit on my bike. If this was done would anything need to be remapped with the FI?
I don't think so fireman, you've had the stage one reflash haven't you?
Mine ran good with just that.
It was when I got the much better airflow in from the Ness filter and saw how lean it was on the spark plugs that I got the PCV and dyno tune the next day.
have you got your O2's disconnected too that richens it a bit too I hear

·
Registered
298 Posts
My '11XC is pretty much stock except for just a tad of work on the stock mufflers. I've had the Vic a/f, PCV5 with A/T, etc on my bike. Most of the difference I could tell was in my wallet. But the timing wheel is the real deal. It's not that it makes the bike faster, etc, but that it just runs smoother, cooler, and better all-around. Best bang-for-the-buck going.
JMHO

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not exactly sure Motorbikerx. I am currently in Afghanistan and just bought the bike and have it waiting on me. All I really know as of now is that it is a 2008 with 4,000 miles and the stage 1 kit. I guess I'll have to spend some time going over things when I get back. I'm already wanting to make upgrades. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts