Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team:

Will be possible to install the rear tip over bumper (number 5 in diagram) that came on the Vison into the CC/CR bikes?

Looking for alternatives to the OEM bag guards

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Considering the major differences in the bodywork of the tail ends of these bikes, I'm not sure you could get them in there. Different exhaust, much wider rear profile on the Cross bikes...even if you didn't have any interferences I don't know if the bumpers would actually protect the bags on a Cross bike at all.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Just in case you're not aware of this, Arizona Victory makes parts for cop bikes, including more robust bag guards. There are some YouTube videos that show the cops letting the bikes just sit or drag along on these bars.

I don't have these, but some folks here do. I actually think they look much better than the stock guards, although they're more expensive, and from reading forums I understand that buying them often entails waiting some months.

BTW, I tipped over my XCT (not on purpose) in a parking lot (long story) at 0 MPH, and wound up with a tiny scratch on the underside of one of the stock bag guards... so functionally, they're not too bad. I don't know whether you're looking for more protection, a different styling, or both.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well....after further research will have to scratch this idea for my CC.

The "bumpers" are more expensive than the saddlebag guards. :(

Each bumper (#5) is close to $200.00 plus the brackets (#7) are $140 for both.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.........so functionally, they're not too bad. I don't know whether you're looking for more protection, a different styling, or both.
Thanks for the information Wspollack: Looking for the basic protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts