Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of videos on the Victory Vision being tipped over and how easy it is to lift if back up. I can't seem to find very many images or videos of the Cross Country and Cross Country Tour being tipped over lifted up again. Is it that the Cross Country isn't quite as good at protecting itself like the Vision is?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think so, at least not for the Cross Country Tour model. They're not as cocooned as the Vision's, but before I bought mine I was at the Demo truck event and the guy was demonstrating the tip over protection. He would kick up the stand, let it fall on its side and then he showed how easy it was to pick it up.

It is true that the protection is in the crash and saddlebag bars but they work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I watched a guy drop an XC at the demo event. The guy that travel with the truck said that this is why they put the bag guards on them. No harm to the bike at all.

Look for the police demos on youtube. You will see some of what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There are no tip over demo for the X bikes because none of them have anything that can protect them as well as the Vision. You can install bag protection brs to minimize the damage but even with them and the crash bars you may still get some scuffs.

Search for TOC and you'll have a few hours of reading details about X bike tipovers and may even be able to figure out who's in the tip over club (TOC). You'll see that some people had damage that was hard to find while others took a lot more damage. You'll also find that X bikes with the trunk installed tend to flop over further/harder and often end up with more damage than bikes without the trunk (more weight = more boo-boos).

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I've picked up my XCT more times than I care to admit. By myself. And I'm an old fart.
I can also attest to the XCTs ability to survive a tip over on the road bars/bag bars without getting any damage. Would like to say I tested it on purpose but...

It certainly isn't as comprehensive as that on the vision but I'm darn glad I have it!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The reason the XC does not have the tip points like the vision is because people just don't tip them over.:ltr:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts