Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a difference between the protection you need for a simple, "tip over", vs a skid, vs a crash. I feel if you're doing the cone courses and use just the heater hose your going to end up at some point not just tipping it over at 2 mph but skidding several feet in which case the heater hose just won't hold up. If you don't have a fabrication shop near by I would go with the two part shaft collar but I would order one the same size as the 1-1/4 " engine guard, round the edges so it won't dig into the pavement, then use the thinnest double sided tape between it and the chrome and finally I would drill and pin it from the bottom. For the rear you're stuck with heater hose and hydraulic hose abrasion protection.

If we practice enough we all end up like the picture.

check out the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ1Kd2OWY7o

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Great post and a great video ostbob, thank you for sharing your excellent idea.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Great vid, good solution, i pressed "liked" on YouTube

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Very inventive mods but I personally don't see the need for them. I practice the cone turns a couple times a year and I have never scraped anything but the back of the floorboard. I live in an area with a lot of twisties and I ride them hard and have never scraped anything on my XR yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts