Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm on the correct posting section or not but I have a question. Is Tip Over Protection a standard feature on the 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE? I bought it used so I don't know if I have it. How can I tell without dropping the bike over on purpose if I have it or not.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Are you talking about the feature that kills the engine when the bike is laid over?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't really a tip over protection on the X bikes but a set of crash bars up front and on the bags can equal a similar outcome if you do happen to drop the bike.
Mine does have the engine/crash bars and also bars around the soft bags so I have a little help. I dropped my Goldwing and it stayed upright and no damage done except scratches and scrapes under the bars.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Mine does have the engine/crash bars and also bars around the soft bags so I have a little help. I dropped my Goldwing and it stayed upright and no damage done except scratches and scrapes under the bars.
We really hoped there was an option for the tip over protection like the Vision has but no; just the crash bars. They work well though to protect things.

However, if the bike is top heavy with luggage or something, it can roll past the bars and break a hand lever or mirror. Probably wouldn't happen but it could.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THE FOLLOWING AD IS WHERE I SAW TIP OVER PROTECTION BUT MAYBE THEY MEANT THE CRASH BARS AND BAG BARS WHICH I DO HAVE........

................................................................................

The 2012 Victory Cross Roads Classic LE will satisfy riders with either hard of soft bagger tastes.

For 2012, the custom program allows you to personalize your Victory Cross Roads Classic LE touring motorcycle 48 different ways, right at the dealer, right when you buy it. Order, customize, drive - no waiting, no worries.

You get to pick your color, saddlebag style, windshield style and

"""""tip over protection""""""""""

- there's over 48 different customization combinations for these touring motorcycles. You don't waste time waiting for parts to be delivered, or wasted stock parts that you just remove once you get the bike. You'll be out on the road enjoying the power and customized style of your Victory Cross Roads Classic LE before you even realize it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tip over protection that works

For my 2012 XCT.
I used to use heater hoses but that looked terrible and didn't last but one drop. Now I use a 2 piece shaft collar for the crash bars that works great. First I protected the chrome with a thin piece of inter tube rubber. Too bad the factory didn't do this. I think tip over protection is a great selling point.

Then for the saddle bags I had a fabrication shop bend a 6" piece of steel pipe to match the contour then cut it in half and secured it to the saddle bag bars with double sided tape. Just to make double sure it doesn't fall off I added wire ties at both ends.

To protect the floor boards I purchased the Victory Police floor board skid plates for around $100.

To protect against the one in a million chance it might tip all the way over and damage the faring I bought some cheap highway pegs and installed them upside down.

When I do the cone courses now I never worry about damaging my bike.

Attachments

Reactions: CrossRoadPete#66

·
Registered
232 Posts
Recently softly dropped my 2012 XR's

It rested on the large black floorboard supports, never touched
the engine guards or the saddle bag guards.

So if that's what you mean?????? Have a friend help you lay it over to see what hits first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For my 2012 XCT.
I used to use heater hoses but that looked terrible and didn't last but one drop. Now I use a 2 piece shaft collar for the crash bars that works great. First I protected the chrome with a thin piece of inter tube rubber. Too bad the factory didn't do this. I think tip over protection is a great selling point.

Then for the saddle bags I had a fabrication shop bend a 6" piece of steel pipe to match the contour then cut it in half and secured it to the saddle bag bars with double sided tape. Just to make double sure it doesn't fall off I added wire ties at both ends.

To protect the floor boards I purchased the Victory Police floor board skid plates for around $100.

To protect against the one in a million chance it might tip all the way over and damage the faring I bought some cheap highway pegs and installed them upside down.

When I do the cone courses now I never worry about damaging my bike.
Very clever on your mods...........

Cone courses? You can keep up with the Shriners when they show off performing their sharp turns. Good for you.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
My 2012 XC has forged bars up front, Victory bag rails on back and the Victory police skid pads bolted to the underside of my floorboards. I've laid it over on purpose (on a carpet). Performs just like a Vision. Great protection from a low speed tip over... My son has the same setup and has dropped his twice--works great!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if I'm on the correct posting section or not but I have a question. Is Tip Over Protection a standard feature on the 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE? I bought it used so I don't know if I have it. How can I tell without dropping the bike over on purpose if I have it or not.
I took a long slide at 35 MPH on my Vic XC on curve in road. My lane was covered with heavy oil spill from a vehicle. Front and rear bars replaced, engine kill feature worked, absolutely no other damage to me or rest of bike not even a scratch on lower fairing. I am a believer. :smile

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took a long slide at 35 MPH on my Vic XC on curve in road. My lane was covered with heavy oil spill from a vehicle. Front and rear bars replaced, engine kill feature worked, absolutely no other damage to me or rest of bike not even a scratch on lower fairing. I am a believer. :smile
Thanks for the reply. I feel better now.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I took a long slide at 35 mph / engine kill feature worked
??? Did i miss something here ? Our bikes cut-off when dropped ? So when you are in gear and drop the bike it kill the engine ???

Now that would be cool

·
Registered
632 Posts
I dropped my Gunner engine running and in neutral, on my driveway, The bike rolled forward a little and the kick stand went up... The engine kept on running till i could get over and hit the kill switch... I'm thinking if you drop the bike ''IN'' gear and while your moving It stalls the engine, Before any switch does...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dropped my Gunner engine running and in neutral, on my driveway, The bike rolled forward a little and the kick stand went up... The engine kept on running till i could get over and hit the kill switch... I'm thinking if you drop the bike ''IN'' gear and while your moving It stalls the engine, Before any switch does...
Hmmmm, not sure about that even. I watched a guy doing parking lot maneuvers on a 2013 Vision (dragging floorboards in circles) and the front tire slipped out. He fell off but the bike kept doing circles on the tip-over protection. Was fun watching him chase after it!

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
So no engine kill feature as per bandersson post ... Also i never read about it in the manual

1 - 20 of 24 Posts