Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
In the future please refer to the Cross Country as XC and the Cross Roads as XR; there are a few people that pick on posters for using the wrong designator.

The only tip over protection you can buy besides the forged or tubular highway bars are the bag protection bars. These are the bars that go in front of and around the bottom edge of your saddlebags. You can get the Victory ones for hard or soft bags from Victory. Also a dealership called Arizona Victory (AV) makes a beefier model in-house. The ones AV builds are used on the Police models of XC and XR.

The bag bars have helped a lot of people avoid a lot of damage. Typically a tip over with highway bars and bag bars results in a little scuffed chrome. Without bag bars owners have reported damage to their saddlebags from tip overs while parked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I figured but on the Victory site there is an accessory, chrome tip over protection, and it list it to fit the XC. I thought that might be wrong. But again I was hoping the Vision and the XC might have the same chassis and it might be possible. Thanks for your response.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its not picking on anyone its just the fact the the CC designation was for the older bike V92 Custom Cruiser first.

Using the XC makes it clearer when posted in a forum other than the Coss bikes forum.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Using the XC makes it clearer when posted in a forum other than the Coss bikes forum.
STOP PICKING ON HIM! :ltr:

I have an XR instead of an XC, but I have the forged highway bars and bag rails for full tip over protection as you can see in the pic. On a side note, I've heard from a lot of people about scraping their pipes when leaning aggressively. Well, I found out that the bag rails will also protect your pipes from being dragged. They hit JUST after the floor boards do.

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
The police bike version of the bars are nice but I would not say they are better or better looking. That's mostly in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the Vic bag bars look better. It is possible the police bag bars protect the bags better in a slide though.

You know how d'em cops love to beat on their bikes. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts