Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without going into detail i had a low speed tipover with my 2011 XC with the forged highway bars. No damage at all, came to rest on the floorboard. Noticed that the board folded up less than 1/2 inch. Is this normal or do I have the police spec boards?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I don't have an answer for that. What I do know is that when I laid mine over, The floorboard jammed up and I had to kick it down. No damage to anything but the bottom of the forged bar and some scrapes on the bottom of the floorboard.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Not very far. They don't have much travel to begin with.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
All the XC floorboards only move about a half inch. The police bikes aren't any different. VPM sells a skid plate that bolts to the bottom of the floor boards that take away about a 1/4 inch of clearance... They help your floorboards to last longer if you drag them a lot... They also probably help keep your bike a bit more upright in a tip over.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Last Sunday I and a buddy of mine took a putt up into the Bighorn Mountains for lunch. On the way back down we stopped at Shell Falls. As I was standing on the opposite side of my kickstand I dropped a water bottle back into the saddle bag and nudged the lid with my knee to close it. As the bag clicked shut the bike left without me. Try as you might you just can't stop the fall of a 800 pound bike when she's falling away from you.

My buddy who rides one of those Harley training bikes (3 wheeler) looks at me and says "didn't ya leave it in gear?" Obviously not. I now know that when ignorance takes over and the Vic is captured by gravity the crash bars do their job. No damage was done and after a week that stupid look is starting to wear off from my face.

By the way, gravity is proof positive that the earth sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts