Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Yesterday I was moving my bike out of my garage and somehow it went past the no point of return. This is the first bike I have done this to. I was almost crying seeing my bike over with out the kickstand down.

I was soooo surprised when I got it up that there was no damage at all. I cleaned a bit of dirt off my crash bar and could not find any other point where the bike was sitting on. I was amazed. What a great design thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I touched on this a couple months ago when a you girl almost ran me over in a parking lot . I was shocked only damage was a scuff to my crash bar . Excellent design !;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
welcome to the club!thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I need a crash bar toooo just imagine you drop the bike amd nothing damaged ..... You are lucky mate

4" extension would make it difficult though ?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Those crash bars do exactly what they are intended for. When I got T-boned, nothing on the bike touched me and there was very little damage to the bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone who owns a motorcycle will drop it eventually.....
I guess I learned this a long time ago riding dirt bikes as it is just part of having a 2 wheeled vehicle.
No one WANTS to drop their mean machine but $h!t happens!
Yes these crash bars are terrific! My XR has a little scuff (on the underside) on the crash bars and also the bag protectors.
Learn to pick up your bike using your back and legs!
Other than that, just be as careful as possible. thumb up

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
On my XCT: been there, done that, backward-walked it back up. Maybe some scruffing on the underside of the crash and bag guards.

On my Valkyrie Interstate: been there, done that, backward-walked it back up, replaced a front crash bar before I sold it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
There 2 types of motorcycle riders...Those that are going to drop their bike, and those that are going to drop their bike again..... I think I am in the 2nd category...:ride:

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
There 2 types of motorcycle riders...Those that are going to drop their bike, and those that are going to drop their bike again..... I think I am in the 2nd category...:ride:
I am most certainly in the 2nd category. :\

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I got a broken clutch lever end to prove mine went over, and a very light scratchon back of a mirror.
My homemade leather saddlebags broke a lot of the fall (sidestand wasn't fully out om a cold dark wet night.
Rider error!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think I've layed my bike down on the crash bars for most of my buddies to show them how much it can lean. Every time they are amazed at both how far it will lean over and that I'm not worried about putting it down.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Crash bar is great and the saddle bag bars work just as well. I knew I had hit the bag bars at least once and they damage on the underside was so minor you would think it had just been kicked up rocks.

Victory really did a great job in designing the protection for these bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts