Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me out with removing the tank?
I'm sure it's not rocket science, I think I've heard it's two bolts up front, two in the rear, disconnect fuel line, and fuel level sensor.

Just lookin for any tips to help the process go smooth.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I don't have the specifics on your tank removal BUT words of advice since its coming off, don't forget to clean them TB's... Unless thats what your taking off for then in that case, GOOD JOB!

Safe ridin
Tim

·
Registered
539 Posts
The video VisionJohnny posted here, shows how to remove the tank on a Kingpin.

On the Kingpin it's two in front and one in the rear.

I did it myself but having someone hold up the tank while you remove the fuel line would be handy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep that's part of the reason. I need to run a couple wires from battery to handlebar, want to make it as clean an install as I can.
And I figured with a 12 year old bike it'd be a good time to clean up the TB as well.

I will be sure to check out the video, thanks.

Also I'll put a strap over the tank until everything's disconnected. Would hate to have it accidentally slide off and hit the floor.

If anyone's done it with a V92 I'd greatly appreciate their input as well!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tip #1-The less fuel in the tank the easier it is to take off-try to run it down close to empty.
Tip #2 -Have a nice padded place ready for setting it down and keep it covered with a towel to protect it while it's off.
Tip #3- you can use a shim, I usually have a half a roll of duct tape laying around, to rest the back of the tank on and reach under & reconnect the quick connects & fuel gauge wire.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that wasn't too bad a job at all. 4 allen head bolts, one plastic quick connect on the rear of the tank, one metal quick connect in the center of the tank, one vent hose, and the fuel sensor plug.

A roll of tape did make a good shim, allowing me to reach up and undo the fuel line and sensor.

I need to get some TB cleaner later today.

Though not needed, my cheap harbor freight motorcycle lift came in handy raising the bike about a foot, makin it a good height to work sittin on my stool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks all for the tips. Going to be doing a TB cleaning soon myself and my only real concern was taking off the tank. Just hit the 10,000 mile mark on my bike and it does start a little rough 1st time of the day. High idle lever doesn't raise RPM's much at all but once it's warmed up the bike idles about 1000 the rest of the day.
Carl, did you get the yellow lift from Harbor Freight? I just picked one up and saw that I'm going to have to use shims to lift the bike up on the frame because the engine sits about 1/2" lower than the frame. Is that what you did, use shims?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is areally old post, but I just got a 99 v92c I CANNOT figure out how to remove the 3 nuts (and I do see 3) at the front of the tank. The two rear were easy, but I can't get see a way to get a wrench in there.. A video of a 99 would be awesome.. but even a walk through..A socket wont fit on it because aircleaner housing won't allow it and a getting a wrench on it only allows a 1/4 of and inch of rotation . not pracitcal....HELP!

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
I know this is areally old post, but I just got a 99 v92c I CANNOT figure out how to remove the 3 nuts (and I do see 3) at the front of the tank. The two rear were easy, but I can't get see a way to get a wrench in there.. A video of a 99 would be awesome.. but even a walk through..A socket wont fit on it because aircleaner housing won't allow it and a getting a wrench on it only allows a 1/4 of and inch of rotation . not pracitcal....HELP!
Did you download the shop repair manual from member @BBob surly the drawing is there .... The manual is very good of Vic

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts