Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear tire...9000 mi. on it. Not much tread left. I am trading the bike in, in a month. Just found a small head nail in the tire causing a very slow leak. Due to the thin tread I do not plan on riding it any more. Just to the dealer on trade in day. The question is...Should I pull the nail and plug the tire or leave it in? The dealer has been told the tire leaks. 65 mi. trip to dealer.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
65 miles with a nail can exacerbate the leak. I'd plug it. The dealer is going to have to replace it anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Definitely plug it while you have it in a controlled environment instead of finding the nail came out on the highway and having to plug it on the side of the road (if you can).

What are you gonna get for the trade in?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I'll plug it. Getting 8K for trade in. With knocking 8K off the new bike sales price for sakes tax figuring, I'd have to sell it for 9K if I did not trade it in. Dealers offering similar bikes for 10K. Plus I don't want to mess with buyers.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
The ONLY $ amount that is important is the cash difference--not the price of the dealer's bike/car, or what you're being given for your trade. Its what you are going to have to come up with to fill the gap between the two that counts and you would get a better deal approaching it that way.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a rear tire...9000 mi. on it. Not much tread left. I am trading the bike in, in a month. Just found a small head nail in the tire causing a very slow leak. Due to the thin tread I do not plan on riding it any more. Just to the dealer on trade in day. The question is...Should I pull the nail and plug the tire or leave it in? The dealer has been told the tire leaks. 65 mi. trip to dealer.
What are you trading it in on?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I got to see them at AVR. Very nice looking machines. They weren't doing demo rides there so I didn't get to ride one...

Keep us posted on how you like it. cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts