Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally replaced my tires, got almost 13,000 miles out of them. My dealer was shocked when I told them that they were the original tires.

Just curious to see how everybody else is making out with their tires. I Really like those Dunlop Elite3's, had the same ones put on again.

·
Registered
396 Posts
well my front tire will need to be replaced soon as it
is starting to cup on the left side. so if anyone out there
has any suggestions on where to get a tire in the houston
area and have it mounted and balanced (at a good price)
let me know. which brings me to another question:
should i go with wheel weights or dyna beads for balancing?
read somewhere that the dyna beads wear out the inside
of the tire? now that is troubling. back tire looks good,but
then again i try to stay away from burn outs!wac:crzy:

·
Registered
528 Posts
well my front tire will need to be replaced soon as it
is starting to cup on the left side. so if anyone out there
has any suggestions on where to get a tire in the houston
area and have it mounted and balanced (at a good price)
let me know. which brings me to another question:
should i go with wheel weights or dyna beads for balancing?
read somewhere that the dyna beads wear out the inside
of the tire? now that is troubling. back tire looks good,but
then again i try to stay away from burn outs!wac:crzy:
It is possible you are running too low of psi in the front tire.

I know that the Honda VTX and Goldwings need to run 38-40 psi to cut down on the cupping. It adds several thousand of miles to the tire life in most cases.
I am running 38 in the front and back on my XC just like my Goldwing and VTX

·
Registered
19 Posts
Real Dyna Beads are perfectly round under a magnifying glass, and roll around inside the tire real nice. They work awesome and are so much cleaner on your rims. Fake Dyna beads are often granular or square like sand...thus eating away at the rubber inside the tire as it goes around. This is not good. Will it wear out a tire from the inside?? Don't know....don't wanna know.

If you go beads...make sure you buy the appropriate size packet for your tire size....as they vary.

I'm a Dyna Bead guy.....+1.

The real deal...

http://www.dynabeads.ca/motorcycle.htm

or...

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

...and another thing I found...

"Balancing Beads balance for the complete life of the tire because they can adjust to the balanced position as required. Since Balancing Beads are free to redistribute themselves, any changes to the tire can immediately be compensated for, for example uneven ware, the tire always remains in balance.

Balancing Beads balance the complete wheel assembly in all wheel positions"

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
That reminds me. I need to install some Dyna Beads in my tires too. They really made a difference on my Electra Glide w/E3's.

As I mount my own tires generally; the Dyna Beads have come in real handy. Still haven't decided on whether I'll go with a car tire on the back yet. I really like the way it rode on my wide tire Softail (Night Train). People around here looked at me a little weird but heck; I'm use to that. Heheheheh

Kinda like when I switch from Harley to Victory. If they only knew what they were missing, eh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts