Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderimg how long original equipment tires last. I have a '09 Kingpin Premium , with billett wheels. I'm not aggressive on the road. Just an old fart putting along, sometimes two up. I don't ride too much highway, just back roads mostly. I put 6800 miles on the bike this year, and I'm just wanted to know how much longer I could ride with the tires that came with it. What type of range are you getting? Thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
JP tires are softer. XC/XR's are heavier. Vegas/Kingpin tires should go more than 9k miles on the rear but that also has a lot to do with the weight of the rider, the temps ridden in, and the type of roads ridden on.

Curvy roads will wear out the tire faster as will poorly maintained or rough roads.

As always; your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Watch the wear markers

If you are running the Dunlop E3 tires you should get 10K plus out of them. I have a set on my VStar 1300 with over 14K so far. Roads make a huge difference in how much mileage you can get out of a tire. The key is to find the wear markers and watch them. They will tell you better than anybody on the forum can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts