Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having to fire up the 800,000 decibel air compressor every week is a serious cramp in the style. Pretty sure the neighbors don't appreciate it either.
Both front and rear tire's seem to leak about 3 pounds a week.
Running a 2017 Empulse (electric bike - similar to a 600cc sport bike).
Even without the gas and oil there is a fair bit of maintenance.
Any ideas? I found a ultra quiet air compressor but that is not really fixing the problem.
Long Live Bravo 3 - 13

·
Registered
3 Posts
You don't mention if you have already checked or not but I have, on MANY occasions, found that the valves will fail in one way or another. Either on tubed tires or tubeless, cars, trucks, vans, semis, etc. That is always the first thing I check.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If the valves aren't leaking or the stem where it goes through the wheel you can get the tires remounted and ask the shop to use a bead sealer. It's a bit messy and will take some cleanup but it certainly works.

If you want to go after it yourself remove them from the bike, put about 50 lbs in them and hold them under the water in a kiddies pool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kidde pool idea is ingenious.
I am currently logging everything in a journal.
Is there a reliable way to check the valves without replacing them?
I'm also going to pick up a maintenance manual and start to put together any specialty tools I need.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If the valves are leaking the kiddie pool or just a coffee cup full of extra soapy water will do. Just watch for the bubbles. By the way, on my last set of tires I lost maybe 2 pounds every month during the riding season. I had a new rear put on last fall and a new front this spring. So far this year I've topped up 2 pounds twice in three months. Your three pounds seems a bit high but road conditions and temperature will play a part.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Air is cheap,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts