Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CC with about 15,000 miles on it. Over all I am happy with the Dunlop E3 Tires, except for the cupping and noise. Anyway, I am planning on using the same tires again. What can one expect to pay for a set including mounting and balancing. The number I was given over the phone from Dealer was a bit shocking.

Or, should I wait until the Rally is in town?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Tire prices and install prices vary greatly. Up to the last set I bought I bought tires online and had them dealer installed so the tires were around $300 and the install was around $100. I bought my last set for $260 (Avon Cobras at Rocky Mountain ATV) and bought a Harbor Freight tire changer for around $100 (with 4 tire spoons) then changed them myself.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I have 15k on my XC now and when it comes out in spring its getting new shoes. Shopping around I got an average price of ~$700 for dropping my bike and having the tires changed....right :mad:

I ended up buying a set of Michelin Commander II's for $330(shipped) and will pay $20/tire to have them mounted/balanced once I pull them off myself.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
this is why i learned to do my own tires! they want a fortune for this stuff!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is why i learned to do my own tires! they want a fortune for this stuff!
This will be the only bike I have ever owned that I Haven't done the tires myself, including my Aspencade. With no center stand, a bad back and just had a new hip installed, I am just not physically capable to do it again. If I stay with the Dunlops I have been quoted around $550 to $600. Guess that ain't so bad.

Used to use Metzler Marathons and got incredible mileage out of them. With the exception of the cupping issue on the E3's they have been a decent tire.

·
13,262 Posts
for a mail order tire its $210 bucks and guessing one hour to install it at $95 hour that seams fair. For front its $144 and should take about 45 minuets.
So in the long run the dealer is really bending you over I think

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drop the bike off at the dealer for tires. I pay $300 installed for the rear E3 and $200 installed for the front E3. Rear takes them 1 hour, front is a half hour.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
for a mail order tire its $210 bucks and guessing one hour to install it at $95 hour that seams fair. For front its $144 and should take about 45 minuets.
So in the long run the dealer is really bending you over I think
Sounds like an awkward situation.:(

·
13,262 Posts
I drop the bike off at the dealer for tires. I pay $300 installed for the rear E3 and $200 installed for the front E3. Rear takes them 1 hour, front is a half hour.
what model bike do you have

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
buy you tires on-line after shopping for the best price, then find a good independent to install, its not rocket science. since i am able i remove the wheels + my independent installs + balances both for $50, i put them back on the bike. mt 13 hammer is the easiest bike i ever had removing the wheels, even with just a bike jack. the lift table i bought makes it cake for sure!!
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts