Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not able to post in other forums yet. 06 Hammer - Metzler 880 on back, need a new front tire. Looking at the Michelin Commander ll. Kirk says you can put a belted in front of a radial. Anyone ever done that? How did it effect handling? Everyone seems to love their new tires (especially if they only have 10 miles on them) on manufacturing or sales sites so that is useless. Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, probably will go with the 880 or a Night Dragon if I don't get feedback from someone who has run the mix.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Some of the bikes come with a radial in one position and a radial in the other. Not sure which way radial front or back. If I remember rite though they are big rear tire bikes. So not much for long distances. I'm a believer in either radials both or bias. I also like to keep similar tread patterns on the tires, and I like the cross treads to go over the centerline of the tire to disperse water. Rain can be major here in Fla. Sooner or later your going to be in rain down here. I put a pair of Continental Milestones on back in FEb I think and got maybe a couple thousand miles on them. Not really enough to give a ride report, but so far they work well. Be aware of the rating on the tires and make sure you have a high enough rating. So guys were complaining about the wear of a Shinko SE90 or whatever the radial touring tire is. But the weight rating is less than what the manual says to run. So Shinkos I have run on the RSV were a good tire and when I was looking for the Vic the 777 was in the running.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
So Shinkos I have run on the RSV were a good tire and when I was looking for the Vic the 777 was in the running.
I have run Shinko on my sportbikes for several years and currently run the 777HD on my Vstar. I am pleased with them and will probably convert the CCT to them once I need some new meat on the wheels.

Skin

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I see guys at the dragstrip in cars that run street radials, they'll drive in jack the back up and fit slicks (Crossply, Rag, slicks)...they dont mix with radials on the track and a lot of these cars end up way out of shape a speed and lucky not to hit the wall.
Dunno about bikes, cant see why same wouldnt happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for every ones input, read another thread in the general discussion and ordered an Avon Cobra based on their comments.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thanks for every ones input, read another thread in the general discussion and ordered an Avon Cobra based on their comments.
Nice, let us know what size and how you like it....

I thought the 250 Dunlop E3 was dangerous on my rear, took it off before "bold" so I replaced it with 260 Metzler

But I did like the E3 on the skinny 21" front tire, still I changed it for a night draggon , liked it a lot but hit a trailer on the back, so that tire gone, now fitting a 160 Metzler on the front,

so on my 2 victory I run Metzler front and back....

I read GOOD stuff about the AVONS

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I currently have e3's on both. My rear is ready for a new tire. Would you guys be comfortable changing the rear to the new e4 while leaving the front e3 on until it needs changing?

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts