Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a bike master repair kit to throw in the bag ($32 on Amazon). Didn't see much in the search engine on the subject. Any opinions out there on tire repair kits to carry? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have this one...I have used this one...and it's the only one I'll carry. It works VERY WELL!!!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-International-Tubeless-Plugger/dp/B001BBSD9C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1358727147&sr=8-4&keywords=stop+and+go+tire+repair+kit[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I got the Stop & Go International Tubeless Puncture Pilot Kit 6000 - no need to replace CO2 cartridges.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Dynaplug is the one for me! Its very compact, so simple to use, everything fits in the handle and you will lose precious little air. For better piece of mind, install Ride-On sealer and balancer. Watch the video at Ride-On.com.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't use a ride on sealant because of what I remember from car sealants. Don't they coat the entire inside causing frustration at the tire change and leave behind a residue in the wheel?

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Stop and Go Plug Kit with a 12V Portable Compressor, made by Slime .. Slime the company, I don't add Slime to the tires .. For some reason mention Slime and they think talking about the goo you add to the tires..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
DynaPlug...I was a ride and go guy. The DynaPlug system looks very similar, but less cumbersome and much quicker.

I have actually used my Stop and Go system a few times and it worked well, but I am VERY interested in hearing from anyone that has ACTUALLY used the DynaPlug system on the road.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I also carry the Stop and Go, along with a very small Harbor Freight compressor that is sometimes on sale for as little as $5. I've used that pump to top off tires many times. And I used the Stop and Go once on a car tire, just to make sure I knew how to use it. I drilled a hole in the (slightly remaining) tread in one tire a few days before I was scheduled to get a new set (and was surprised at how quickly the car sank to the ground); the repair worked fine.

The Dynaplug kit is smaller, and has gotten good reviews in some magazines, but I'm also not familiar with anyone's actually using it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dynaplugs work. Kinda small, but 2-3 in a hole seems to be fine, easy enough and acceptable if needed.Pretty fast repair.
Stop and Go, there is one I almost forgot about. A complicated overpriced "gizmo" that has had a lot of reports of spitting out the plugs after breaking off the mushroom.
It is your money, $10 on a sticky rope kit and Slime compressor, or a lot more that will do the same, perhaps less effectively, and all either is really for is to get you to a tire change.
I don't think I would be comfortable long term with a plug in a MC tire.
Oh yea, what ever you get, use it 3-4 times on an old tire to get the feel of it. Learning curves are tough at night in remote places, even worse in poor weather.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

I've used a similar product to this link... cheaper at WalMart, plugged several tires with it, worked perfectly. I trust the ones like this with the glue in them, seems more secure. I buy a larger can of glue since the little tubes can go bad and I like to really slime the plugs up with lots of glue goop, it also makes them easier to push in when all wet.

And a small compressor you can wire to fit your battery outlet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts