Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have any rubbing? im lowered 1 1/2" 15psi in the shock , im just shy of 200 lbs, hit a decent bump/ripple in the road today and got a slight wiff of rubber, got home and looked up in the fender and looks like the tire just clipped the very rear of the tail of the frame. i added 5psi of air(20 now) but what about those of you with lowered bikes?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
12,984 Posts
what is the measurement on bike with it straight up and down from bottom of motor to ground?
What side of the bike rubbed?
Did the otter lip on the tire hit or did the side wall hit?
How much air in tire?

·
Registered
352 Posts
What should the shock pressure be at?

normal solo riding?
2-up riding?

Lowered 1.5" solo?
Lowered 1.5" 2-up?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it rubbed straight up on the rear of the frame. so only when compressed, plenty of room on the sides. i will have to get a height measurement. shock pressure for my weight i think is zero with just me. and it rubbed with me solo, 15 psi, 1 1/2" lowered. and the tire has 38psi, its a stock sized avon cobra.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Lowering XC

Tell us more about the lowering link, Adjustable on Solid. and did you check the length prior to putting on if ajustable.

How long has it been lowered

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the adjustable, yes i checked it i set it to 3/4" shorter then stock. i have about 200 miles on it since i installed this link. if you look up under the fender above the tire you can see the very tail of the frame kinda scoop down. thats what it rubbed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
its the adjustable, yes i checked it i set it to 3/4" shorter then stock. i have about 200 miles on it since i installed this link. if you look up under the fender above the tire you can see the very tail of the frame kinda scoop down. thats what it rubbed.

More than likely:

The link IS NOT the correct length. measure it and compare to a 1 1/2" fixed link. I measure mine and from center top hole of link to center of bottom hole it is approx. 11 3/8" (probably 11 1/4" since 1/2" equals 1" for lowering, so 3/4" lower than stock 12" = 11 1/4")

Check tire. May actually be taller than a stock, even though rim and width size same. On my old HD I used Continentals because they were "shorter" making bike lower.

Lastly, and probably not the issue, make sure your shock is OK and not leaking oil. My slowly failed and now needs replacing at 14k. I can add 50 lbs and still hit on medium bumps, new shock coming.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is how i set it 11 1/4" c to c, shock is good also. and yes my tire is taller then the stock pos dunlop, its about the size it is suppose to be, not shorter like the dunlop. i will try to get a pic of where it rubbed.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Lowering XC

I ride two up quite often, around 375 lb plus what's in the saddle bags. The shock is set at 42 lb with no problem. I have not put the tour pack back on cense I Lowered it. Tires are stock cense I only have 7,000 miles on it know. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts