Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys

as a new High Ball owner, (black with red flames) i have a bunch of questions.

first of all; i must change my tires. they are with White sidewall i would like to put a bigger size , does any of you have done this ? if yes what is the bigger size i can put ?

second question, i want a real horn ! i had a Stebel Nautilus horn on my previous custom, i want one on this High Ball; but where to install it ?

and last question, is there anyone on the forum that has parts to sell ??? like a sissy bar ? an high light fairing (not originaly on this model)

thanks for your help

and if you see any things i must especially take car eon tis model; let me know; (only 18.000 kilometers since 2014)

photos to come

rob

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Horn we already answered, so here goes the tire

My jackpot had a 90/90-21" tire up front, now I made it into a Jack-Hammer and got a 160/60-18" up front, so yes you can interchange a lot on victory'S, you should get online and find wrecked vics is France or Europe, I bought everything new and was REALLY expensive....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horn we already answered, so here goes the tire

My jackpot had a 90/90-21" tire up front, now I made it into a Jack-Hammer and got a 160/60-18" up front, so yes you can interchange a lot on victory'S, you should get online and find wrecked vics is France or Europe, I bought everything new and was REALLY expensive....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Hi Andre

i will try to find those White Wall tires in this size

for second hand parts from wrecked victorys i think it won't be possible; there's not so much victory in francce, an most of them are still alive aahahah (i dont know exaclty how much were sold; but quiet a few)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again,

here in france i only an find those White wall tires (in the official size for my High Ball 130/90/16 - 150/80/16)

according to you, wich one is the best in use on wet roads ? with good grip on dry and weat roads.

my actual tires are 6 years old and 11.800 miles, they are too dry i guess, i slipped 3 times in one week under the rain, first times of my life after 20 years riding a bike !!

METZELER ME 888 MARATHON ULTRA WW

DUNLOP D408

DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITE

DUNLOP CRUISEMAX

CONTINENTAL CONTI LEGEND

and i can find the rear in white wall but larger size 180/65 R16 do you think this would fit ???? or too large ?

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Hi again,

here in france i only an find those White wall tires (in the official size for my High Ball 130/90/16 - 150/80/16)

according to you, wich one is the best in use on wet roads ? with good grip on dry and weat roads.

my actual tires are 6 years old and 11.800 miles, they are too dry i guess, i slipped 3 times in one week under the rain, first times of my life after 20 years riding a bike !!

METZELER ME 888 MARATHON ULTRA WW

DUNLOP D408

DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITE

DUNLOP CRUISEMAX

CONTINENTAL CONTI LEGEND

and i can find the rear in white wall but larger size 180/65 R16 do you think this would fit ???? or too large ?
The Cruise Max are extremely good tires on wet roads and I like the way they ride and grip. They are soft rubber and don't last as long as some other tires. Victory factory installed them on some of the Touring Cruisers.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Hi Andre

i will try to find those White Wall tires in this size

for second hand parts from wrecked victorys i think it won't be possible; there's not so much victory in francce, an most of them are still alive aahahah (i dont know exaclty how much were sold; but quiet a few)
For sure more then here, i live on a little island in Indonesia, haaaaaa

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Any tire but DUNFLOPS, they are dangerous on the wet klinker roads you have in France, i took my Dunlops off before they were finished, i run Metzler, and they are 3 time better than Dunlop, but people say other tires are much better than METZ

I always wanted to try Bridgestone & SHINKOS

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Shinko bias on my Vegas
The XC Im running radials, Shinko front and Dunlop E4 rear.
Im very happy wet or dry.
mileage is yet to be seen but so far so good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Guys, as a former pro moto pilot, (not in races but for work) i tried mant tires, brands and models. and the Bridgestone are the best to my point of view. but i need WHITE WALL tires for this High Ball, and it seems Bridgestone don't do any tires like this in thise size at least.

i heard about AVON white wall tires too (i didnt had a good opinion of this brand by the past)

i tested tires for 10 years with Suzuki Hayabusa... riding very very fast... on wet an dry; and for this moto the S20 and followers 21,22 were the best tires ever tried to ride fast and take an angle in the curves. uncredible; but this kind of tires would look stupid on a victory ahahaha

i'm not fan of Dunlop; they were like soaps on every motorcycle i used. and no idea whhy they are often the original tires on myne bikes. strange.

anyway thanks for helping

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I think Shinko do whitewalls if you must have them.
I find them a great tyre and priced very competetively.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts