Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2009 8 ball and wanted to put a fatter rear tire. I have read that the biggest tire you can put on this rim was a 200. You really can't tell the difference between a 180 and a 200 but looking at the 210 makes a big difference. Does anyone know if a 210 will fit on this same stock rim or is that to wide?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently bought a 2009 8 ball and wanted to put a fatter rear tire. I have read that the biggest tire you can put on this rim was a 200. You really can't tell the difference between a 180 and a 200 but looking at the 210 makes a big difference. Does anyone know if a 210 will fit on this same stock rim or is that to wide?
I put a Avon Venom 200 on mine. And that was a tight fit. It wasn't the width but the height of the tire. I don't have much clearance between the tire and the back of the swingarm. 1/2" at most the belt at it's proper tension. In order to get the belt on I've got to force the tire into the swingarm with the adjuster bolts.

And just my opinion but unless you make your tire more exposed you can't tell anyway. 180, 200, or 210 won't be very noticable with the stock fender and plate holder.

Here's my 200

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put a Avon Venom 200 on mine. And that was a tight fit. It wasn't the width but the height of the tire. I don't have much clearance between the tire and the back of the swingarm. 1/2" at most the belt at it's proper tension. In order to get the belt on I've got to force the tire into the swingarm with the adjuster bolts.

And just my opinion but unless you make your tire more exposed you can't tell anyway. 180, 200, or 210 won't be very noticable with the stock fender and plate holder.

Here's my 200
nice lookin bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ABI I really like the look of your bike and awhile back i asked about your rear fender. I definitely like the look of your bike. By the way wear did you get your license plate bracket i have been looking for one and cannot seem to find one that fits on the swing-arm bolt. Everything is made to attach to a special holder that attaches to a round style swing arm or a square type.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks ABI I really like the look of your bike and awhile back i asked about your rear fender. I definitely like the look of your bike. By the way wear did you get your license plate bracket i have been looking for one and cannot seem to find one that fits on the swing-arm bolt. Everything is made to attach to a special holder that attaches to a round style swing arm or a square type.
I made the plate holder.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You know it. Making it unique is what it's all about for me. I never want someone to pull up next to me with the same bike.
You have a talent I dont have. I can Mill/Drill anything... fabrication is a different story. What else have ya made?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have a talent I dont have. I can Mill/Drill anything... fabrication is a different story. What else have ya made?
I mostly paint bikes but I've done some mild customs as well. Here is my Busa with an complete 08 GSXR1000 tail.

My last winter project a 05 Suzuki C50 from stock to this

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sir, you definitely have a talent and those are some awesome paint jobs. Is that a spacer between the nut and the rear swing arm and did you use the factory nut to bolt your rear license plate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sir, you definitely have a talent and those are some awesome paint jobs. Is that a spacer between the nut and the rear swing arm and did you use the factory nut to bolt your rear license plate.
The only thing between the nut and swingarm is the bracket itself. I made it out of steel the same thickness as the stock washer. And yes that's the factory axle nut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts