Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for hijacking another post. I am trying to get input regarding tires for my Vegas. The rear is 180/55/B18 (D417) which is an odd size. Any suggestions on new replacement. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I run Pirelli Night Dragon rear.
Tried Avon, Metzeller, as well as the OEM Dunlop and also tried the D207.... Came back to the Night Dragon for uncompromised grip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run Pirelli Night Dragon rear.
Tried Avon, Metzeller, as well as the OEM Dunlop and also tried the D207.... Came back to the Night Dragon for uncompromised grip.
Do you run the night dragon rear in radial or bias? What do you do on the front?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought the bike it came with a Metzler 880 on front with the OEM D417 on rear. I would like a matching set of tires but seems to be a problem finding the correct sizes. Has anyone rode with the new Metzler 888 for the Vegas? It's a consideration but seeing what people have to say. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Do you run the night dragon rear in radial or bias? What do you do on the front?
dunno mate, I just trust my tyre man to know his job, as long as theyre round and black and most importantly have good tread then they do the job.
Tyres are like oils, everyone has their favourites, mine is the Pirelli Night Dragon for uncompromised grip.
Victorys cruisers aint Ducatis or Laverdas or R1s though and whatever you run you'll be scraping pegs pipes and frame rails long before the tyres let go.:wink

on front with the 21" I run a Night Dragon too...but last 13,000 kms Ive had an XC 18" on the front with the OEM Dunlop E3 130 80 18, they cop a bit of flak on here but its by far the best wearing tyre Ive ever had on my Vegas... ( not that you'll be running an 18" on the front)....it does fit though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts