Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what tires are good for a pin in the rain. These stockers suck in the wet or should I just idle around lol. Kinda feels like the rear is coming out from under me in the rain.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tire recommendations

Sir,

Metzler ME 880's and Bridgstone Excedra.
Have used the Metzler's since 2005 on all my bikes. Get an average of 20,000 +. awsome tires, and no issues.
Just switched to the Bridgstones. Very happy so far. Have put about a 1000 miles on them. Will we see how long they last.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really Rough 20K on the Metz I have that on my Vegas and have less than 7K with a flat spot across the middle and leaking air about 20lbs in 10 hours. I will say it has better traction than stock rain or shine but mine didn't last for crap.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Really Rough 20K on the Metz I have that on my Vegas and have less than 7K with a flat spot across the middle and leaking air about 20lbs in 10 hours. I will say it has better traction than stock rain or shine but mine didn't last for crap.
I'm with you. Never heard of anyone getting anything even close to 20k out of the Metzelers (or Bridgestones for that matter). Kingpins in general do not like radial tires anyway. Some folks have never had issues with radials, but many many others have experienced instability, wobble, and handling problems over 75mph. Why risk it? Stick with bias ply on the KP.

Hands down, the best rear tire you can put on a Kingpin is the Dunlop HD exclusive D407. Period. Nothing else even close in terms of longevity, stability, tracking, and handling. And, since it's a dual compound tire, they last longer on the hwy, and have excellent grip when leaned over. And it's a bias ply tire, as spec'd for the KP.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
My metzler didnt last very long as well maybe 4000..I now have Bridgstone 850 on the rear and 851 on teh frt.. got caught coming home in the rain after umpireing softball all day them babies did just fine..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Confused?

Understand that you folks do not know me, but, when I share information it is the facts. The only thing I have done by service departments is to have tires removed/replaced. Recently purchased tire changing equipment, and will begin doing them myself soon. The place that I take my Victory, documents all the pertinate information! The last pair of Metzlers did not do so well, they had 20,165 miles on them. Since 2005, I have been using Destination Motorcycles in Kerrville, TX. They are amazed as-well! The highest mileage documented on a set of Metzler's was on my 2006 Yamaha Roadstar, 32,000 miles.

Have read all the reviews over the Metzler's and I am glad that I have never had an issue.
This is my first set of Bridgstone Excedra's, have read all good nothing bad? I will have to see!

p.s. 2011 Victory Cross Country - 36,800 miles
2006 Yamaha Roadstar - 98,500 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts