Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
do a search for 'tires' and you'll find there are almost as many threads as those for that nasty three lettered word oil.

oil

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Ha ha good one, Imdman, yes mate search function in tje forum tire size etc.

What tires are you running now ?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I put on a set of Michelin Commander II's. I tried these based on others' ride reports and the claim of "high mileage". I have the tires on a XC this is my experience with them at 9k miles of use.
Going from a 65 to a 60 rear drove the gas gauge nuts but corrected the speedo. They grip well in wet and are unaffected by tar snakes. I got bias-plys and under certain conditions during higher speed sweeping turns they do induce a slight wobble. At 9k they are about as worn as any other tire I've run including the E3's so I call bunk on the "high mileage" claim but we'll see.
I don't know what I'm going with next but they will be radials and in the correct size.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm currently running a Goodyear Assurance car tire 195/55/16. Others are getting 25k + out of ct's but I've got just 2k on mine right now. All in the name of economy. If you only put 5k a year on your bike, stay with an E3.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will never run car tires. I absolutely hate the ride of worn tires so can't imagine a car tire. Thinking about a set of shinkos just to try. E3 have been ok but like to explore a bit.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I put on a set of Michelin Commander II's. I tried these based on others' ride reports and the claim of "high mileage". I have the tires on an XC this is my experience with them at 9k miles of use.
Going from a 65 to a 60 rear drove the gas gauge nuts but corrected the speedo. They grip well in wet and are unaffected by tar snakes. I got bias-plys and under certain conditions during higher speed sweeping turns they do induce a slight wobble. At 9k they are about as worn as any other tire I've run including the E3's so I call bunk on the "high mileage" claim but we'll see.
I don't know what I'm going with next but they will be radials and in the correct size.

I've always been a MC II fan and I have a brand new one sitting in my garage ready to replace my E3 rear. They do last longer, Pain. You should be able to get 20K out of the rear and 25k+ out of a front. Of course, depending on how hard you are on them. I frequently tow a trailer so my rear wears out quick. My E3 has almost 12K on it and is pretty bald. Hope to replace this week.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,002 Posts
Imdman

maybe you should say what model and year bike you have if you want a correct answer to your question

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Rollin don't they have same profile for your rear ? Coz you are off-road most of the time ?

Pain thank you, very explicit good info

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rollin don't they have same profile for your rear ? Coz you are off-road most of the time ?

Pain thank you, very explicit good info
Not that I can find.
Most of the miles are still done on the pavement, the Alaska trip was 11,000+ miles and a little over 600 miles were on gravel.
The Canada ride was 8600 miles with almost 1000 miles on gravel.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Not that I can find.

Most of the miles are still done on the pavement, the Alaska trip was 11,000+ miles and a little over 600 miles were on gravel.

The Canada ride was 8600 miles with almost 1000 miles on gravel.

When I grow up I want to be Rollin.... Minus all the gravel. Rollin have you ever toured central B.C.? Prince George, Prince Rupert area?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts