Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 V92TC....Needing to put on some tires real soon. What brand would you recommend ? I want to be safe, but I do not want to of money on them. Got some ideas ? Where to buy them from...Mail order ? Shop ?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Revzilla.com is where I get mine. Always been the cheapest too, for me at least. The details on the tires are pretty in depth and the amount of reviews are great for researching.

·
13,040 Posts
JP Cycle or Dennis KIrk has free shipping. you're going to half to look under harley for the tires. They will not list Vic
guessing American Elite would be cheap and maybe the best

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My front tire is a dunlap 491 MT90...at the hell size it that ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've got metzelers on mine, I like them pretty good. I got them from either jp cycles or motorcycle superstore. Can't remember which, I think it was jp cycles

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many people mount their own tires ? And how do you balance them ? I have used the little beads in past bikes...anybody use them still ?

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I used Jake Wilson when our dollar was worth something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes on both counts.
Dynabeads - 2 oz front and rear.
Dish soap for tire mounting, electrical tape for the rim band and clamp the axle across saw horses (or step ladder) to check the run out.
Yeah, I'm cheap, sometimes the job takes 2 beers....and I would rather spend my money on beer. LOL

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have had great luck with Shinkos. They are affordable, perform well and so far have lasted.
Guys on the Vulcan forum when I had my Nomad were beginning to talk about Shinko coming out with a Heavy Duty version of their touring tires which were supposed to bet better mileage when used on the big heavy bikes. I haven't heard them mentioned on this forum that I recall. Were yours the HD, and how far do you mean by "so far have lasted"?

·
Registered
112 Posts
tires

Sorry, somehow I missed your comment. I had them on a Harley that had about 5,500 miles. They still had some life when I sold it. I don't recall if they were HD or not. But I liked how they handled.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Since originally posting about Shinkos a month ago I decided to replace my 6 year old OEM Dunlop E3s with them. I opted for their 'Journey" model touring radials and was immediately impressed with their easy turning and handling compared to the admittedly shot Dunlops they replaced. They've been smooth, quiet and comfortable at all speeds so far. I have yet to add the 2oz of DynaBeads to each wheel, but will get to it before I go to Laconia on next weekend. Happily the ride has been flawless even without them. This is not an endorsement as I've only logged maybe 200 miles, but with an H speed rating (130mph) and appropriate load rating for a Cross Country I am expecting the good ride to continue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
beads

Get the beads in soon. They will help immensely with tire wear and balance. I run them in all my bike stuff now and am going to try in truck tires.

They are not alot of fun to put in tire however, so hopefully you got the little bottle and tube with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts