Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's time to put some new tires on my Vikki and I would like to get an opinion on what is a good tire. I have Avons on her and 11,000 on the clock but I don't know if those were the original tires. I want to buy a tire that last longer then 5000 miles, that's what I got out of Dunlops on my Honda.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ok it's time to put some new tires on my Vikki and I would like to get an opinion on what is a good tire. I have Avons on her and 11,000 on the clock but I don't know if those were the original tires. I want to buy a tire that last longer then 5000 miles, that's what I got out of Dunlops on my Honda.
They probably were the originals. The Dunlop E3s lasted me ~11k miles on my 800 lb torque monster. They stick real well too. I can't figure out why the sport tourers are so bad on tires. Never had one of those bikes take one of those tires beyond about 6k miles. I can barely eek 5k miles out of the front bun on my FJR...and I've tried several brands on it.

·
13,038 Posts
The trick to tire left is check air once a month. In hot weather 95 and above check every two weeks.
But a good tire gauge not one of those pencil ones.
If you don't do burn outs you should get about 15,000 out of any good tire. Dunlop Avon or Metzler

Attachments

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
11,000 miles and 15,000 miles...wow! I don't think I will ever see either of those regardless of tire. I just rolled past 6,500 on my bike, orginial Dunlop tire, it's looking like I might see 8,000 miles on the tire but barely. Honestly, I'll be impressed with 8,000 on the rear tire. I ride hard, I hammer it off the line almost every time and I don't bother slowing down for curves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good information and I'll check the tire pressure. I have to admit I've been lazy on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts