Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not sure on these tires, but rocky mountain atv has really good prices on tires. I haven't looked for these yet, but the tires for my Vulcan were quite a bit cheaper there.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
anybody know where i can get BEST price for tires for xr??
Unless you are equipped to do the job yourself, including the balancing, I recommend that you get your tires at a local business and help to keep them afloat in this bad economy. Someday you might need the assistance of that shop and would miss them if they had to close their doors because too many in the neighborhood bought on line from strangers. FYI: Many shops will not mount tires purchased elsewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
am fully equipped to change tires,and most other jobs. just looking for best price for tires,thought with all the other riders out there might find a great deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody know where i can get BEST price for tires for xr??
ok, any one got ideas about running a car tire on rear?( i know can of worms) just curious about what size yer running if you did it,and hows it working out for ya.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tires

Check prices online at Jake Wilson.com . I got a good price for a hammer rear tire .

·
Registered
155 Posts
ok, any one got ideas about running a car tire on rear?( i know can of worms) just curious about what size yer running if you did it,and hows it working out for ya.
A 195/60-16 will give you the exact height to match the present tire (no speedo correction needed), and is on 15mm (5/8") wider. Take the saddlebags off and look to see if you have the 5/16" clearance needed on BOTH sides of your present tire; if you do, you're all set . . .

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Any thoughts on the Avon 180/60HR-16?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a set of tires from bikergarage101.com in Michigan. The cost was $308 and change for both front and rear. This is for the E-3,This is the best I have seen anywhere. I live about 40 miles from there so I picked up the tires and installed them myself. I also have my own tire changer. I have a Vision so tire sizes are the same. For this kind of money I will change both tires at the same time all of the time.
Buster

·
Registered
289 Posts
Unless you are equipped to do the job yourself, including the balancing, I recommend that you get your tires at a local business and help to keep them afloat in this bad economy. Someday you might need the assistance of that shop and would miss them if they had to close their doors because too many in the neighborhood bought on line from strangers. FYI: Many shops will not mount tires purchased elsewhere.
totally agree here....support your local dealer....you will miss them if they fold....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A 195/60-16 will give you the exact height to match the present tire (no speedo correction needed), and is on 15mm (5/8") wider. Take the saddlebags off and look to see if you have the 5/16" clearance needed on BOTH sides of your present tire; if you do, you're all set . . .
thanx for info,have you done this??

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you want to try it here is some good info http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/ they are about riding on car tires I tried it on my vtx ran about 18,000 miles on it still had plenty of tread on it tire cost me $50 was great in rain little softer ride and if you like to really crank it on in the bends it sticks but the only thing I would say is the tire wants to stay upright Well if you try it let us know I only have 2500 miles on this bike I am waiting to see what mileage I get out of these tires
good luck cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
thanx for info,have you done this??
I've not run one on my bike, but I've mounted several for other riders; no complications in mounting. I've never dismounted one because the darn things seem to last, and last, and last . . . They do have softer rubber, so they stick a little better than a motorcycle tire (mc). The tread profile is flat instead of rounded, so it does take a little more steering effort to get your bike into a curve. Everyone thinks that ground contact area is lessened when in a curve; they think the tire rides up on the edge. This is not as intuitive as they think; there are several U-Tube videos showing the car tire (ct) while in curves, and the contact area is still greater than that of a mc. The straight line ride is much softer than a mc.

The upshot is, if you're planning and riding the curves hard (such as Deals Gap or the Pig Trail) you might want to stay with a mc to lessen the amount of steering effort to ride the curves; if you're going to be traveling on highways and interstates, the ct is something that you should really consider.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts