Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
DEI "Titanium" wrap. I still have a half a roll leftover from doing my high-ball last year.
Love it. But it was more bronze looking in color. But great stuff. You don't wet it like usual. Goes on dry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have the titanium wrap installed. It was installed by Lloyds when they were working on my bike. The ties they used look like they are titanium colored or a light gold color. Unless the heat from the pipes discolored the stainless steel. Anyone know whats up with this.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I wrapped my pipes with the titanium wrap and used hose clamps instead of ties, but the hose clamps at the head flange turned gold from the heat within 10 minutes. Your ties are probably just disclosed from the heat

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just because I'm feeling nitpicky today. Titanium is actually gray, not gold. The gold colored "titanium" like what you see on drill bits and fork tubes is actually titanium nitride (TiN) and is a thin coating used for it's hardness and relative non-stick surface.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just because I'm feeling nitpicky today. Titanium is actually gray, not gold. The gold colored "titanium" like what you see on drill bits and fork tubes is actually titanium nitride (TiN) and is a thin coating used for it's hardness and relative non-stick surface.
Thank you for clarifying that for us soofle .:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Question; I bought the Titanium wrapping 1 roll but see some questions below;

1. after searching everywhere in Singapore and Indonesia, i cannot find the HT silicon transparent spay.. :mad: .. aerosol is a problem for shipping, so I bought some "grey" HT spay pain.... :crzy: DID you guys install the Titanium wrap without the HT silicon spay... if YES how does it hold up???

2. purchased 12 Stainless cable ties and 1 roll of titanium wrap, is that enough for the swept pipes that I ordered?

3. heat shields are just as hot as the exhaust as everybody knows, so I was thinking when I get my swept pipes to remove the heat shields and wrap them with Titanium wrap and putting back the heat shields, so the shields are actually doing there job??

DID ANYBODY DO THIS ALREADY?? any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Mr_Buzzcut

i did not intended to hijack your tread as you solved your problem already for the titanium tie-wraps cheers

·
Registered
682 Posts
BP6666VR, you don't need any kind of spray coating for the titanium wrap. What size roll of wrap did you order? I got a 2"x50' roll and still have a good bit left over from my pipes.
Not sure about the heat shields, I don't have any

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Question; I bought the Titanium wrapping 1 roll but see some questions below;

1. after searching everywhere in Singapore and Indonesia, i cannot find the HT silicon transparent spay.. :mad: .. aerosol is a problem for shipping, so I bought some "grey" HT spay pain.... :crzy: DID you guys install the Titanium wrap without the HT silicon spay... if YES how does it hold up???

2. purchased 12 Stainless cable ties and 1 roll of titanium wrap, is that enough for the swept pipes that I ordered?

3. heat shields are just as hot as the exhaust as everybody knows, so I was thinking when I get my swept pipes to remove the heat shields and wrap them with Titanium wrap and putting back the heat shields, so the shields are actually doing there job??

DID ANYBODY DO THIS ALREADY?? any suggestions?
DO NOT USE ANY SPRAYS WITH THE TITAINIUM WRAP !!!! DO NOT REINSTALL THE SHIELDS OVER THE WRAPPED PIPES !!! Yes I have wrapped my pipes with this wrap in the past ... It will hold up and look like new for years , make sure the wrap is tight and only overlap 1/4" to 3/8" max , overlap a little more on bends only . If you bought a 50' roll , it will be plenty . Good luck ! cheers PS wear long sleeve shirt and gloves , or you will be itching like a bastard for a week , and have a friend hold the roll and feed it and untwist it while you are doing the wrapping , this will help immensely .thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
BP6666VR, you don't need any kind of spray coating for the titanium wrap. What size roll of wrap did you order? I got a 2"x50' roll and still have a good bit left over from my pipes.
Not sure about the heat shields, I don't have any
Hey Ghost , how's it going man ...cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
There are a lot of ups and downs right now , but I'm still vertical !thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
LILMAGS500 & Ghost_Rider

Yes I got the 2"x50' titanium, gotcha on NO spray painting and defensively on the gloves, as I worked with polyester for many years in the past.

Your idea of 1 guy holding the roll and I will be spinning the exhaust is GREAT, and I will "fold" the first piece about 1" or 2" and 2 cable ties on each end.

WHY not reinstalling the heat shield ???? it looks like the heat shields are also just attached with stainless cable ties that you could cut with a small wire cutter?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
LILMAGS500 & Ghost_Rider

Yes I got the 2"x50' titanium, gotcha on NO spray painting and defensively on the gloves, as I worked with polyester for many years in the past.

Your idea of 1 guy holding the roll and I will be spinning the exhaust is GREAT, and I will "fold" the first piece about 1" or 2" and 2 cable ties on each end.

WHY not reinstalling the heat shield ???? it looks like the heat shields are also just attached with stainless cable ties that you could cut with a small wire cutter?
1. Having the pipes wrapped , and having the shields in place will most likely retain too much heat in your pipes causing excessive heat build up and possibly damaging your pipes , or even something worse ...:crzy:
2. It will look ridiculous . ;)
3. Fold about 1/2" -3/4" max underneath , and start the wrap at the rear of the pipe , finishing at the flange end .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts