Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no lieing I'm a shade tree mechanic. I try my best to best to do all my own maintenance on my bike.however I'm timid about this one, I love ever thing about my Vic Vegas except for the sound. I'm not looking for the interupt your cell phone calls of a complete cat one exhaust, but I am of the mind set that loud pipes save lives. Should I de-baffle my exhaust, drill holes in the stock, or get slip ones, and if so do I need to remap my FI. I've only dealt with carbs before this bike and I do still have 4 yrs and 11 mths on the warranty. Any thoughts? I know this has been covered in the past but the FI has never really been addressed. What's your thoughts, keep in mind I'm trying to keep it lower budget please.

·
Registered
545 Posts
All of the options that you mention are appropriate... and range in expense from least expensive to most expensive. Just changing the outflow (exhaust) shouldn't require any remapping, but you may want to disconnect the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I drilled out my stock exhaust - didn't care for the sound. I got the D&D exhaust now on my CR and love it! Not to loud til you nail it but, loud enough so folks know where you are. The cats are in the head pipe - so no matter what you slip on or how much you drill, it won't be that loud unless you lose the head pipes.
I left the stock air filter and disconnected the 02 sensors. The bikes ride is flawless. No backfires ever even on decel etc. Great milage also. Very happy camperthumb up

·
Registered
690 Posts
I drilled my stock mufflers, and rode it for a short while. It was louder, but it didn't sound good. If you do anything, I say get a complete new pipe, from a good after market company, or a set of slip ons and keep the stock head pipes. Either of those two options will sound great. These Freedom motors sound really good, in my opinion. BTW... I am still running the stock air filter, and with the pipe change, I had a decent amount of popping and back firing. So, I had the dealer add the Victory performance down load. D&D claims that with just their slip ons, no down load is needed.

·
13,183 Posts
There's no lieing I'm a shade tree mechanic. I try my best to best to do all my own maintenance on my bike.however I'm timid about this one, I love ever thing about my Vic Vegas except for the sound. I'm not looking for the interupt your cell phone calls of a complete cat one exhaust, but I am of the mind set that loud pipes save lives. Should I de-baffle my exhaust, drill holes in the stock, or get slip ones, and if so do I need to remap my FI. I've only dealt with carbs before this bike and I do still have 4 yrs and 11 mths on the warranty. Any thoughts? I know this has been covered in the past but the FI has never really been addressed. What's your thoughts, keep in mind I'm trying to keep it lower budget please.
Please add where you live
There might be a cheap set of slip ons in your town

·
Registered
566 Posts
I drilled mine also. I kepted it for about a year till I got the ness v-500 pipes.
thumb up

I could not figure out how to make this look good, but what you did there makes it look just right for my taste!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Have mined drilled out. Just loud enough for me. I am afraid that a lot of these small towns are going to go after loud pipes. It is getting a little annoying when you have one open full throttle rattling windows or a bunch hot dogging thru town. They are strapped for money and what a way to make easy money. Then with some that does not have there endorsements, just an added treat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a set of these

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/arlen-ness-shooter-mufflers-black-victory-vegas-kingpin-hammer-jackpot-steel-frame-models/part/AN-V-516

I think they sound great! Not loud at all while at speed but when I am getting on it, I think it sounds awesome. No more sewing machine sounds.....

Very easy to put on and i didnt think that expensive either. I am very pleased with them.
Would like to see pictures with those installed, couple other questions did you have yours mapped after installing? and when looking at the website it show it works on the 92 an 106 wife has an 09 vegas with the 100 does anybody know if they work on that bike

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the D&D slip ons on my 2004, They are pretty nice but im always annoyed by a sort of gurgle noise from the pipes when i get near the shift point, Im gonna try a set of SRVT Aces i just picked up from ebay and see if that changes things for me. It could even just be the 92 motor and the 5 speed thats in it and i might be stuck with the sound, but we'll see. I will say this my friends who have other bikes think the D&D slip ones sound good next to me and from behind and they say when i get on it its loud and throaty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts